container ship travel

Greetings Rostocker - I'm very interested in your post and information about the Rickmers Line. I investigated the possibilities but didn't find them, booked QM2 instead for my first voyage. Makes no sense, I know, but will find my freighter later. I'm most interested in Europe to Asia thru Suez, etc. Have travel often, all over and alone, now 65, and feel this is the next step. I'd love to hear from you.

Joanna (joannay@cableone.net)

Greetings Rostocker - I'm very interested in your post and information about the Rickmers Line. I investigated the possibilities but didn't find them, booked QM2 instead for my first voyage. Makes no sense, I know, but will find my freighter later. I'm most interested in Europe to Asia thru Suez, etc. Have travel often, all over and alone, now 65, and feel this is the next step. I'd love to hear from you.

Joanna (joannay@cableone.net)

Hi Joanna, sorry you did not find the info re Rickmers Linie at the web address I gave. I will send the pages as an e-mail attachment if you wish and will be happy to answer all your questions.

Anni (aussieinrostock@gmail.com)

• 11 months later...

To Abarb, "I have myself done two container ship voyages as a passenger first with P&O Nedlloyd aboard the m.v. 'City of Cape Town' from 2nd sept to 24th oct 2004, the route i travelled was from Tilbury to South Africa & back via Germany & the Canary Islands."

Well, I travelled from Tilbury to Australia on the same ship, "working my passage" when it was the 'Tolaga Bay' in 1983 - it was already 6 years old then and having engine problems. I'm amazed it has/had lasted so long (last tracked it in 2007). I got off because it was diverted to the Falklands! As an 18 year old I got up to some amazing adventures with the crew - happy memories.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived