Does Anyone Know ??

canesfan1

World Ocean and Cruise Liner Society's Bill Miller has speculated that Norway will not come back to service, despite conflicting press releases from NCL.

The problem with NCL's press releases is that they are often contradicatory, and change drastically from week to week, if not more often.

At this point in time, I don't think anyone really knows what will happen to Norway.

I think is is pretty well a given that they will not "re-boiler" Norway, but possibility of a change to motor ship is (or was) under study.

Michael

NCL have been pretty firm about the Norway for the last six months, though - including publicly putting her up for sale. Have a look at this thread.

And here for a wry nostalgic laugh. Yes, the link on the UK site still works! :)

She was recently reported to have been sold to a French consortium who plan to take her back to Le Havre and use her there as a floating hotel. No firm details of whether this is genuine, or viable - but that was the last firm news.

I really don't think there's any chance of NCL taking her back into the fleet now. Pity, I have some great memories of her.

Archived