Concerned about being on last CB cruise before drydock

apr68

Hi everyone!

Can someone please give me some reassurance about being booked on the 4/20 cruise? This will be my first time on Princess but my 6th cruise(RCCL 92, NCL 93, RCCL 95, HAL 04 ,HAL 06). Is there a difference in service because it will be the last trip before dry dock? Thanks for your help!!!!!:) :p

I would think you would probably get better service because the entire staff will be excited about their vacation . . . . should all be in a great mood.

I worked on a ship for two and a half years and Elationismyship is correct. We were all generally in a very good mood in anticipation of the time off whenever we were going into drydock or having a mini refit. I would have no problem at all booking a cruise right before a drydock.

I worked on a ship for two and a half years and Elationismyship is correct. We were all generally in a very good mood in anticipation of the time off whenever we were going into drydock or having a mini refit. I would have no problem at all booking a cruise right before a drydock.

Actually it is not time off in dry dock it is more work because of very tight time constraints and everybody chips in to get it done. :rolleyes:

We were on Dawn Princess before a 2-week drydock. Crew get no tips during the drydock! So a little bit of depression among the crew. Please try to cheer them up with a positive attitude rather than worrying about the service you will get.

Actually it is not time off in dry dock it is more work because of very tight time constraints and everybody chips in to get it done. :rolleyes:

I would be more concerned about the first sailing after drydock...:)

i agree. i was booked on the celebrity millenium in 2005, immediatly after her drydock. there were issues with the drydock which resulted in cancellation of several ports. i ended up cancelling at the last minute.

janetz, weren't you on that one too?

Having been in that situation I beg to differ. Some crew start their leave earlier than they would have, some are able to take the week or so off and for those that do stick around to work, it is actually a far more relaxed environment in which to work. Your experience may differ but in mine, the majority of the work was done by outside contractors.

As somebody else posted, it is the voyage after drydock or mini refits that can be more problematic.

i agree. i was booked on the celebrity millenium in 2005, immediatly after her drydock. there were issues with the drydock which resulted in cancellation of several ports. i ended up cancelling at the last minute.

janetz, weren't you on that one too?

No, I was not. :) We are the second sailing after drylock next May so I hope we "sail smoothly"...;)

Archived