Anyone just off Jewel...

dicechick

...was there horse racing? Read a review by Mainelycarib that there was horse racing on 11/17/07 sailing. I thought horse racing was done away with:confused: . Anyone out there know anything about this?

Thanks,

Tracy

Yes they had it. I saw the horses on peoples tables in the dining room. They did it by the poolside one afternoon.

We had it also on the 11/11 sailing. It was alot of fun.

Judi :)

Thats cuz we begged Bobby Brown......:) really,he didnt plan on one for a 6 night cruise ,mainly because there is only one sea day....hard to auction the horses off while we are in a port.........

But he decided to do it(after hearing we were a large group willing to part with some $$$$)........

So we had the auction while we were still in Belize..........and had the race the next day................it was alot of fun.................even if we didnt win...:(

EVERYTIME I am involved with a group for horse racing,we never win and the winning jockey is always a dad with cute little kids......I swear it true........Next time Im gonna borrow 2 little kids from someone....maybe I'll win..:p :p

Just off Jewel on Dec. 1 and no there was no Horse Racing.....In fact.....there was a lot of stuff previously done on a previous cruise I was on with Mariner that was not done..........Poolside activities were horrible. Not quite sure why. Very disappointed with activities this cruise. We did have the Quest (a lot of fun) and trivia games at night but not much poolside at all.

Just off Jewel on Dec. 1 and no there was no Horse Racing.....In fact.....there was a lot of stuff previously done on a previous cruise I was on with Mariner that was not done..........Poolside activities were horrible. Not quite sure why. Very disappointed with activities this cruise. We did have the Quest (a lot of fun) and trivia games at night but not much poolside at all.

Just off on Dec 1 also. Pool activities were none basically.

Just off on Dec 1 also. Pool activities were none basically.

Sounds like you were on the wrong 6 night cruise................we had the racing Nov 11th.........you do have to keep in mind,there is only one sea day on that cruise,so its not like they will have pool side activities all week..........most people are in ports..............

We were off the ship for the days we were at Ports.......had a great time except for Belize,,,,I wouldn't recommend that one to anyone....but we were at Sea all day Friday and there was little and I mean little poolside activities.

We had the same exact itinerary as you........like I said,we had the horse race at 12 on Fri.........then after that,i dont know cuz we didnt stay in the area..........had other plans................I know they did the Mr Jewel contest(formerly known as Sexy Legs),but I,for one,wouldnt care if they gave that up or the Belly Flop............Bobby did tell us the big wigs in Miami were telling him what he could and could not do lately............lots of changes...

Nope had none of those on our ship.....No Sexy Legs....No belly flop,,,,no horse racing....I'm supposing it was because of the nature of the company we had on our ship......Sad that we all were effected by it......since we were expecting more......Oh well...........next time we will check for large groups before we cruise.

Bobby told me on the ta that he does not do horse racing on the 6 day but does try to do it on the 8 day. They also had Mr. Sexy legs on the ta. Also, I was told by another ship that the activities are up to the CD/staff and most had decided that horse racing was "getting old".

Just off Jewel yesterday and we had horse racing on 2 days. Also , there were lots of pool activities. We had 2 days cruising so perhaps that is the difference. There were many activities and games - we could not do it all!!!! IMHO great ship and great crew!!!!!!:D

• 3 weeks later...
What is horse racing? Why do I need a costume? Debbie

As I remember, its the horse that gets a costume. Each team tries to out do each other dressing their "horse". Not too sure how it all works, never did it myself, but fun watching!!:D

Archived