Got Docs, now have questions!

nates04

We finally received our Docs for our December 16th cruise on the Westerdam. We are very excited as this is our first HAL cruise.

I was under the impression that I would find out about my dining assignment in the Docs. I was able to find that I have Upper Early setting, but couldn't see anything indicating if it said what size table I was on. Does it say this anywhere that I am just missing? I believe this question was asked a few months ago, and I tried searching for it, but couldn't find it, so I apologize if this is a repeat.

Also, how easy is it to switch to a different dining time? We requested late, and got early. We are fine with early, but would prefer late if possible. I was always under the impression that early was more coveted then late dining, is this true?

Thanks for all your help.

Usually the specific table assignment will be found in the welcoming brochure in your stateroom. If you're dissatified, go to the dining room as soon as possible after boarding. There will be a line of folks seeing the maitre d' to have their assignments changed.

On my recent Noordam cruise, the dining assignment was printed right on the boarding card (keycard) in the package we received at check-in. Since we were given As you Wish dining, there was no table assignment, so I don't know if that is normally on the card.

I believe upper early is 6:15.

Bonnie

Early Upper is 5:45. Sometimes you will receive a card at the check-in desk showing your specific table number, other times it will be on your key card, and still other times you will find it in your cabin.

On my recent Noordam cruise, the dining assignment was printed right on the boarding card (keycard) in the package we received at check-in. Since we were given As you Wish dining, there was no table assignment, so I don't know if that is normally on the card.

I believe upper early is 6:15.

Bonnie

Actually, on our last Noordam cruise it was 5:45, but was a bit flexible.

When we were on Westerdam last year our dining assignment (time and table) were printed on our key card. I do remember though that somehow we knew this information before we sailed.

I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not, but we are on this same sailing with you nates04 and still have not received our cabin number (booked a guarantee), so we're thinking that maybe we'll know our dining once we receive our cabin assignment.

I think the only way you find out the size of the table beforehand is to check the dining room layout chart which is either outside the lower level doors or wherever the maitre d' is holding court on embarkation day. Also, once you have your table number you could actually slip into the dining room and 'visit' your table. However the dining room staff do frown on this because it interrupts their routine.

We are also booked on the Westerdam 16th sailing.......have not recieved docs yet.......should we start to worry?

I know of at least one on-line TA beginning with i which doesn't send the documents until two weeks before the cruise. If yours is that on-line TA, sign onto their website. They will provide a tracking number so you can see when the docs are mailed.

Thanks for the help everyone. I guess I will just wait until the cruise to find out what our dinning situation is. I was just anxious to see what size of a table I was at, but nothing overly important.

We booked with an online agency, and I called them a week ago after wondering where our docs were. They told me they don't send them out until about 2 weeks before the cruise...and then they arrived yesterday.

Archived