Does Costa still offer their Wine Package?

boatdrinx

When I sailed in February 2006, I purchased a wine package where you got 5 bottles of assorted Italian wines ( both red and white). Numerous bottled waters were included, also.

I loved trying the different Italian wines because they were not your standard pinot grigio and chianti.

Does anyone know if this package still exists?

I did not see it on Costa's website which is where I purchased it before.

I've been reading about the X-1 package on this board. Are the wines served Italian or domestic?

I appreciate any info you can provide.

Once I booked my cruise I was able to find all kinds of wine packages on the Costa Web-site. Same place as they have flowers and other packages. The X1 I had to call in to book. I have not used it yet so cannot comment about the wines. If you do a search, I'm sure you will find more info.

I plan to use it more for draft beer and I am really not picky about beer so I don't see a big problem.

Good Luck.

Does anyone know whether the wine package (not the X1) can simply be bought on board? We have been gettting the round-around with Costa and the X1, so we have decided to forget about it! We just want a few bottles of wine for supper. Thanks

Does anyone know whether the wine package (not the X1) can simply be bought on board? We have been gettting the round-around with Costa and the X1, so we have decided to forget about it! We just want a few bottles of wine for supper. Thanks

Yes the wine packages can be bought on board, but you can also buy by the glass, caraff or bottle at the dinner table.

Here is a link to the Wine List on the Costa Mediterranea

http://cruiseclues.com/costamediterranea/wine_list.htm

Ron

Can I get sparkling wine withe X1 package?

I think the X1 Package only covers draft beer, house wine (although depends on which ship - with many reports of wine bottles being left on the dinner table and not being served by the glass), soda and water. Sparkling wine (champagne) is not covered.:(

Ron

We are just back from am Eastern European cruise on the Costa Serena. We bought the X-1 package at the time of booking - it was a bit tricky as at first our TA knew nothing about the package, but he called Costa direct and managed to arrange it for us.

At dinner if as a couple you were drinking the same wine the waiter brought the bottle and left it for you on the table. If you manage to finish the bottle they will bring another and if you don't finish it you can take the bottle away with you to enjoy on in your cabin. :p

Archived