American Family Adventure

On 6/5/2019 at 2:03 PM, Mazza321 said:

Hi i also worked on this ship originally as a cocktail waitress then bar yeoman. This ship was in dry dock in Italy having a refurb when a group of about 8 of us arrived from the UK. Everyone worked hard to get the ship ready but there was lots of plumbing issues on the first few trips! I remember Jorge the portuguese waiter!! Anyone who remembers me plse get in touch. Maria from UK 🙂 x

Hi Maria, i am Jorge the Portuguese waiter, we were good friends, I never forgot you, I had tried to find you on facebook, this is my contact,oliver-magic@hotmail.com
+351965562802, if you see this post contact me kisses

20190724_114052.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mafia1967 said:

Hi Maria, i am Jorge the Portuguese waiter, we were good friends, I never forgot you, I had tried to find you on facebook, this is my contact,oliver-magic@hotmail.com
+351965562802, if you see this post contact me kisses

20190724_114052.jpg

• 3 years later...

Wow this is crazy! Hello everyone my name is Jason. I was the kid that Christin’d the ship. I was in the 5th grade and there was an essay competition for the state of Florida and I won 1st place overall. The essay had to be on “Family” and I still have my essay. I am from Jacksonville Florida and American Adventure flew me and my family from Jacksonville to Miami to christen the ship. I also had to read my essay before I cut the rope to bust the bottle against the side of the ship.

It was the first cruise I ever went on. I remember we went to some island called Kids Cay. I also remember the ship took us to the Dominican Republic and we played baseball against their junior team. I hit a homerun over the fence but the center fielder jumped the fence and caught the ball so they told me I was out lol. The fence was about 2 feet high. I also remember riding on donkies and playing some type of field hockey game. That was soooo much fun because the donkies were extremely hard to ride. 

They also allowed to me to pick any retired baseball player to invite on the cruise, and I picked Elias Sosa and he pitched batting practice inside the batting cages on the top deck. I think it was called the Alaska Deck. I think our cabin was on the Florida Deck. And we would eat breakfast every morning at Fisherman’s Warf. 

I think our last stop was Key West and we all stood on the top deck as we approached Key West. It was breathtaking. Oh and we swam with the dolphins. That was fun. 

I made good friends with a kid named Matt from Bel Air Ohio. I remembered he was a Florida Marlins baseball fan and he wore a Marlins baseball hat. We played soooo many games of Street Fighter 2 in the arcade. And we played basketball on the top deck. 

I still have the newspaper article of me and my mom holding up my essay and a plaque they sent me for winning the essay contest. 

I christened the ship in December of 1993 but we booked our cruise for a later day in 1994 but I don’t remember what month it was. I also still have the brochures and itinerary and the folder with the cruise information. I wasn’t allowed to go to the teen club but I ate all the pizza and ice cream I wanted and I played in the arcade when we were sailing. 

It was an awesome time. The waiter took time to show me and my brother how to make shapes out of the napkins at dinner. I also still have the string that ties around your neck to hold your blue boarding card and port pass.