Questions from a Newbie!

Moonglow

We are considering a long Asian cruise on Legend of the Seas in April 2009. We have never cruised on any Royal Caribbean ship before and I was wondering how it compared to Princess and Celebrity. I assume they have set dining times which is fine by us. I know the cruise experience is pretty much standard in alot of ways no matter the line, but is there anything different with Royal Caribbean? Thanks for any insight.

Carol

We are considering a long Asian cruise on Legend of the Seas in April 2009. We have never cruised on any Royal Caribbean ship before and I was wondering how it compared to Princess and Celebrity. I assume they have set dining times which is fine by us. I know the cruise experience is pretty much standard in alot of ways no matter the line, but is there anything different with Royal Caribbean? Thanks for any insight.

Carol

I have cruise each line (RCL 12x, Princess about 5x and Celebrity once). I think the difference between these lines is probably about 5% or less (if that makes any sense). They are all very comparible.

In general, I think RCL and Princess are about the same. I tend to like RCL's ship design and mixed (young and old clientele) and also the concerige lounge for repeat and full suite passengers. Celebrity tends to cater to a slightly older crowd and is a bit quieter and understated compared to the other two. Celebrity also promotes the quality of their dining as being superior although I believe it is very comparable to the other lines.

Generally, if you are considering an Asian cruise you are going to get an older crowd on any of these lines. I would select the line based on the price, design of the ship and itinerary.

I hope this opinion helps you.

Archived