Disemarkation on MonarchOTS

Yes, Monarch offers "express" disembarkation. Unlike some other RCI ships that require you to sign up in advance, anybody who can carry his or her own luggage can take advantage. They recommend that you start lining up no later than 6:30 and will call the people between 6:45 and 7:00. We've done that quite a bit - you can go to breakfast at 6:15 or so (take your luggage to the dining room so you don't have to deal with trying to catch an elevator up & down) and get in line in 30 minutes later, then off the ship you go!

If you don't do the express, you will get colored luggage tags that are called in order, same as Princess. They normally have everybody off the ship by 9:30, although we've seen it delayed to as late at 10:30 due to some kind of immigration snafu.

Can you do express disembarkation at any point of the disembarkation process on the Monarch? Can I express disembrak after color tags have started to be called?

Not usually Matt, if you plan to use the service you need to be ready early.

The two times were we on the Monarch, we left our cabin at 8 and we in our car (after picking up our luggage) by 8:30. They do a great job! However like Critter Chick said sometime you will encounter an immigration snafu.

###

Can you do express disembarkation at any point of the disembarkation process on the Monarch? Can I express disembrak after color tags have started to be called?

Yes, you can. We've done that. But I will say that you will likely encounter a much longer wait to get off the ship if you do as the line gets longer & longer waiting to go through immigration.

Yes, Monarch offers "express" disembarkation. Unlike some other RCI ships that require you to sign up in advance, anybody who can carry his or her own luggage can take advantage. They recommend that you start lining up no later than 6:30 and will call the people between 6:45 and 7:00. We've done that quite a bit - you can go to breakfast at 6:15 or so (take your luggage to the dining room so you don't have to deal with trying to catch an elevator up & down) and get in line in 30 minutes later, then off the ship you go!

So you get up at O-Dark-Thirty, just so you can can carry your OWN luggage off of the ship? What a wonderful benefit that sounds like....NOT. :D

I've read your previous posts CC, so I understand quick getaways (work) and your nearness to the port...:)

But that just makes the end of the cruise sound even more awful than it already is. I don't really understand the attraction of being first off the ship and having to hassle with your luggage. Silly us...we want to keep the vacation glow going a little longer.

Cruise ships are just like airplanes in the sense that a lot of people will fight and claw to be the first ones on (even if they already have an assigned seat or room), and then fight and claw to be the first ones off. It is an interesting social phenomena.

So you get up at O-Dark-Thirty, just so you can can carry your OWN luggage off of the ship? What a wonderful benefit that sounds like....NOT. :D

I've read your previous posts CC, so I understand quick getaways (work) and your nearness to the port...:)

But that just makes the end of the cruise sound even more awful than it already is. I don't really understand the attraction of being first off the ship and having to hassle with your luggage. Silly us...we want to keep the vacation glow going a little longer.

Me, too. That's why sometimes DH does express so he can get to his Monday morning staff meetings while I sleep a little longer so I can feel marginally human by the time I have to leave.

Archived