Bannister Island

misand

• 2 weeks later...

Misand: I, too, am hoping to contact someone who's been to Bannister Island recently. DH & I will be in Belize the end of January (on the Enchantment OTS). We've been to Belize three times (once to the ruins and twice to Rendevous Cay) and would like to do something different. I searched on the RCl board about Bannister Island and came up with differing opinions. I hope someone else can help more!!! Here are a few (cut & paste):

Click here: Private Island Beach Break in Belize? Can Anyone Help - Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic

... Do you mean Bannister island? If so, we did this on an RCI excursion. It was a great day;) . They pick you up at the ship (we tendered so no need to go to shore first) and take you on a fast boat to Bannister which is a preivate island about 15 minutes ride? Lovely beach, kids loved it and so did we. very peaceful. CANNOT, however, recommend the food. I ordered BBQ chicken and fries.... the chef asked me which bits I wanted (legs, wings etc) and showed me a large tupperwear container full of COOKED chicken, not refrigerated just left in the hot kitchen:eek: . I did not eat my chicken as they microwaved it and it was still cold in the middle! Sent it back but no change just frazzled and still not hot in middle. Kids said their hotdogs were ok though. There is a beach bar and waitresses on the beach. It is best to get there early if possible as we had 2 ships in this day and not too bad but could get crowded with more.

---------------

In Belize we went to Bannister Island. It was a pretty beach, but not very soft sand. My dd collected several sea shells. You need water shoes on this beach because it's so coarse. The water was also pretty cloudy. We were disappointed, the kids really liked the beach in Grand Cayman and were hoping for something similar. I'm assuming it was because it had rained the day before.

• 2 weeks later...

We were at Bannister Island last week. My husband and I went diving while the rest of our party (6 year old son included) stayed at Bannister island. After our dive we joined them there. They had volleyball nets, playground, restaurant, kayaks, floats, beach chairs....everthing you need. Everyone had a great time.

Archived