Current Cruisers of Western Itineraries

cruzfiend

I was wondering if anyone is on board right now who can tell us how things are going w/the sea conditions and ports of call. My daughter and family are on the Freedom/Western Itinerary right in the way of OLGA:eek:

You can take a look at the swell height forecast for the next week and get some idea of what the sea state may be like:

http://magicseaweed.com/Gulf-Coast-MSW-Surf-Charts/9/

Please notice that the cold front coming down through Texas on Sunday is going to have far more impact on conditions that Olga has/did.

It appears as though Olga won't be able to muster anything greater than about five to six foot swells, nothing for any modern cruise ship.

Thanks for your reply. I'm being a worried mom:o

Conditions in the Gulf and the Caribbean are pretty nice, in fact. The only area of any interest is between the Yucatan and the western tip Cuba and those seas are only six feet. I believe your family should be back Sunday, right? That being the case they will be well ahead of the swells that will be produced by the front.

I'd expect they're having a rather pleasant ride.

Archived