Bringing wine in carry on bag

colkeena

If you plan on bringing more than the "suggested" 1 bottle per person, you may want to put it in your checked luggage.

Most people have been okay going through with wine in carry ons, but a few (like me) have had them confiscated -- to be returned at the end of the cruise.

I bought the "boxed" wine, put it in a small roller suitcase w/ a big ziplock around it just in case and stuffed some of my flip flops around it to keep it secured. Made it all the way to my cabin! Was great. Mind you, it was checked baggage.

I don't drink, but was looking to resupply a home bar with something unusual so I brought a bottle of rum aboard from Barbados and St. Lucia on Crown Princess...

It was tucked away in beach bag carry on - but it was x-rayed and security staff must have seen it. Neither bottle was confiscated, or opened on board... but I sensed that the 'rule' is there to be enforced selectively as to big shoppers.

The passage contract states in paragraph 5 (alcoholic beverages) that you may not bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board EXCEPT WINE AND CHAMPAGNE. It says nothing about any limit to the wine & champagne. I will have my passage contract in hand when I board with my wine. A corkage fee of $15 per bottle applies to the restaurants on board.

The passage contract states in paragraph 5 (alcoholic beverages) that you may not bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board EXCEPT WINE AND CHAMPAGNE. It says nothing about any limit to the wine & champagne. I will have my passage contract in hand when I board with my wine. A corkage fee of $15 per bottle applies to the restaurants on board.

Go ahead and have a great cruise.

I love your new avatar.:D May I call you captain now?

Step Back Barbie.....he's mine;)

Where have you been....sweetie:confused:

I had to search through my subscriptions to find the post about the martini I'm suppose to try....found it and wrote it down.... "Doctor No"...I'm countin' down the days:)

Step Back Barbie.....he's mine;)

Where have you been....sweetie:confused:

I had to search through my subscriptions to find the post about the martini I'm suppose to try....found it and wrote it down.... "Doctor No"...I'm countin' down the days:)

"Doctor No" Martini... Grey Goose Vodka, Blue Curacao and Chambord :D

I bought the "boxed" wine, put it in a small roller suitcase w/ a big ziplock around it just in case and stuffed some of my flip flops around it to keep it secured. Made it all the way to my cabin! Was great. Mind you, it was checked baggage.

Had no problem with a wine shipper box as checked luggage.

Archived