Buckets of Beer

nurslis

Hi...

I just read on a post that buckets of beer (6 bottles) were $18.00.....thats sounds good. Can anyone else tell me if this is right? I just emailed the ships coordinator to see if I could get a beer setup in the room and the price for each domestic beer was $4.25! Thanks :rolleyes:

Last time we were on Norwegian, they offered a special pricing on a bucket of beer....$18 sounds about right. They do charge a deposit for the bucket....so you can continue to reuse the bucket or save them up until the end of the cruise and return them for your deposit....although I suggest the first option as you may or may not have time to make sure you were credited back at the end of the cruise. I think the deposit was only a couple bucks a bucket, but it could add up depending...and you aren't going to take all those buckets home, now, are you? I think it might be a good way to charge a little more...so we definitely reused the bucket since our room was pretty close to the pool bar.

They are great about refilling with ice and providing limes if you would like. We felt this was definitely the most economical way to buy our beers even though they did still make plenty of money off of us.

We also took advantage of the buy 5 bottles of wine during the cruise and the 6th was free. It wa an 11 night cruise or this may have been hard to accomplish. Dont' know if they still do this...but it is quite a deal.

On our Dawn cruise in april a bucket was $21.50 (domestic)and that included the tip. The Imports(heineken,corona etc..)were around $24. Theres a $5.00 deposit on each bucket,but make sure you keep your receipt or they won't give it back.I lost mine and ended up taking ours home.I'm glad i did because there great for partys and the pool deck. Good luck.

On our Dawn cruise in april a bucket was $21.50 (domestic)and that included the tip. The Imports(heineken,corona etc..)were around $24. Theres a $5.00 deposit on each bucket,but make sure you keep your receipt or they won't give it back.I lost mine and ended up taking ours home.I'm glad i did because there great for partys and the pool deck. Good luck.

I still can't over that $5 bucket deposit. That is by far the cheesiest thing I've ever heard from a cruise line. Shame on you NCL. Watch the bucket, who's got the bucket, oh man I lost the bucket.:rolleyes:

Good to see you found a use for yours, that is a good idea for the pool deck. Saves all those trips back into the house.:D That's what we'll use it for when I lose track of the bucket and/or the reciept. Can see me coming back with alot of those things.:)

Archived