Group Prices...Help Please

msredbird51

I am attempting to book a group cruise for next summer. When I have cruised in the past, I have just scoured the web for cheap deals, but that was for only two people. The major sites seem to only let you book up to about nine passengers.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what booking route will give us the best price, and maybe even some special extras. I am aware that the cruise lines have group departments, but I am wondering if there is some sort of magical place I am missing that sells group cruises at a cheaper price than buying from the cruise line directly.

Thanks.
Dana

[quote name='msredbird51']I am attempting to book a group cruise for next summer. When I have cruised in the past, I have just scoured the web for cheap deals, but that was for only two people. The major sites seem to only let you book up to about nine passengers.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what booking route will give us the best price, and maybe even some special extras. I am aware that the cruise lines have group departments, but I am wondering if there is some sort of magical place I am missing that sells group cruises at a cheaper price than buying from the cruise line directly. [/QUOTE]
You really need to see a travel agent that has some experience in group cruise bookings. Depending upon the number of cabins you book, you may be eligible for free cruise berths, on board credits, champagne, wine, chocolate covered strawberries, etc. You may also be able to get upgrades. All of these are pretty tough to discuss with a web site.

[font=Comic Sans MS]couldn't agree more. Wish I could tell you of that "magical place" but can't. I just posted to another thread here asking about self vs. TA group bookings. Go with a pro, as the above poster wrote, you may be able to get some free b's. good luck.[/font]

Check the web to see what cruise you would be interested it--check dates. so you have in mind a general idea of what you want. Be flexible in dates.

Cruise critic does group cruises which you can advertise on the baords for free and get other cruisers to go.

To warrant group space you need at least 8 cabins. (not 8 people) Find a travel agent that specializes in group booking. You really want someone who knows what theyare doing so there is nothing that can go wrong.

Group cruises operate very differently than cruises which are booked through Individual Reservations. The payment schedule is different, the amenities are different, and the dining options need to ber considered, among other things. Your best bet is to go through a local TA.

I don't know how it is for all group cruises, but I'm booked for a CC sponsored cruise next year. We used an on-line TA that had a separate department set up just for groups. My guess is that most large TAs work the same way. I'd certainly recommend you stick with a TA used to booking groups.

Beth

Archived