Carnival Pride to homeport in Miami

Cruising89143

From Seatrader Inside News. Here is the link due to copyright.

http://www.cruise-community.com/ShowStory.asp?ID=13222

Basically will run two seven day eastern itineraries from Miami to San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten on one and Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk on the other. Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios on the western. Begins on 4/11/2009. 14 night Panama Canal cruise begins on March 22, 2009 and a one time six night cruise on 4/05/2009 to Key West, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios.

Carnival Pride to Kick Off Schedule of Seven-Day Caribbean Cruises from Miami in Spring 2009

12/17/2007

MIAMI (December 14, 2007) – Carnival Cruise Lines’ 2,124-passenger Carnival Pride will operate a series of seven-day eastern and western Caribbean cruises from Miami beginning in April 2009.

Three different week-long itineraries will be offered on this unique program, which will run through August 2009.

Carnival Pride’s seven-day program from Miami kicks off April 11, 2009, with a week-long cruise to the popular eastern Caribbean destinations of San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas/St. John, U.S.V.I.; and St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles.

Carnival Pride will then operate a series of seven-day western Caribbean cruises from Miami to Cozumel, Mexico; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica departing April 18, May 2, 16, and 30, June 13 and 27, July 11 and 25 and Aug. 8 and 22, 2009.

Also included in the program is a series of seven-day eastern Caribbean cruises calling at the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay; St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.; San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos Islands. Departure dates include April 25, May 9 and 23, June 6 and 20, July 4 and 18, and Aug. 1, 15, and 29, 2009.

14-Day Panama Canal Cruise, Special One-Time Six-Day Voyage

Prior to these voyages, Carnival Pride will operate a special 14-day Panama Canal cruise departing Long Beach, Calif., March 22 and arriving Miami April 5, 2009. Featured ports include Manzanillo, Mexico; and Puntarenas, Costa Rica; prior to the Panama Canal transit; followed by Cartagena, Colombia; Ocho Rios, Jamaica; and George Town, Grand Cayman. Carnival Pride will then operate a special one-time six-day cruise from Miami April 5-11, 2009, calling at Key West, Fla., George Town Grand Cayman; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

Innovative Design, Wide-Ranging Amenities and Facilities

Carnival Pride, which entered service in 2002, is the second in the line’s highly successful “Spirit-class” and offers features such as an intimate reservations-only supper club at the top level of a soaring 10-deck-high atrium, indoor and outdoor promenades, a winter garden, a wedding chapel and a sleek hull design and interior layout that leads guests from one public area to the next in a seamless flow.

The ship also offers 16 lounges and bars, including a wine bar, sports bar, piano bar, two-level dance club and a 1,200-set theater showcasing lavish revues. Extensive facilities for children and teens – part of the line’s popular “Camp Carnival” and “Club O2” programs, respectively – are also available.

Also featured is a 14,500-square-foot Spa Carnival health and fitness center with dedicated exercise space, sophisticated equipment, private treatment rooms, and more. An Internet café, Wi-Fi access and cell phone service are available, as well.

Eighty percent of the vessel’s staterooms have an ocean view, and 80 percent of those have verandahs -- providing an intimate and private venue for enjoying views of spectacular Caribbean destinations. All staterooms feature the Carnival Comfort Bed sleep system with plush mattresses, luxurious duvets and high quality linens and pillows.

Reservations are currently being accepted for the Carnival Pride’s 2009 seven-day cruises from Miami, as well as the 14-day Panama Canal cruise.

For additional information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.

According to my CVS, the Spirit is staying put on the West Coast (Mexico, Hawaii re-positioning and Alaska sailings) mostly due to her being the only ship with heated pools for the Alaska sailings, so that's why Pride is going East instead of to San Diego.

Told my CVS that the minute the bookings open for the TransCanal, to book my favorite cabin and call me for money!

Isn't the new Pride itinerary the one Triumph is doing now. Does not make sense to have 2 ships doing the same thing from the same port.

No...2 ships...same itinerary...I don't see that happening.

That's why I have always said the Triumph move will be made in March 2009.

I have called it "the big switch" when the Splendor goes to the West Coast and a Spirit class ship (although I thought it would be the Spirit ) would come East. This is also when I expect the Holiday to retire and Mobile to get a Fantasy class ship !!

Of course all of that is just speculation...

Carnival Pride to Kick Off Schedule of Seven-Day Caribbean Cruises from Miami in Spring 2009 12/17/2007

Totally shocked, they first posted that the Pride would replace the Spirit in San Diego, who the heck authorized this move? Did any Platinum card holder get this memo? :rolleyes:

Ok, send the Pride to the East Coast, we get the Dream and Magic on the West coast!

Fred

No...2 ships...same itinerary...I don't see that happening.

That's why I have always said the Triumph move will be made in March 2009.

I have called it "the big switch" when the Splendor goes to the West Coast and a Spirit class ship (although I thought it would be the Spirit ) would come East. This is also when I expect the Holiday to retire and Mobile to get a Fantasy class ship !!

Of course all of that is just speculation...

The Triumph is listed on the Carnival site doing the summer New England runs for 2009 from NY like the Victory has done. :( Doesn't look like good news for NOLA or Norfolk on that one.

I do wonder about the press release saying that the new Pride itins. are through August 2009 - did they do that just because they are only doing the schedule that far out or could the Pride move somewhere else after the summer? Inquiring minds want to know!:D

Im sure the switch has to do with the Slendor's huge spa area. I remember reading somewhere that west coast cruisers are more likely to use spa facilities, lido dining, and sushi bars than their east coast counterparts. If there is one thing the Splendor has a lot of, its spa area. That spa has more square footage than the Pentagon.

Oh I'm so excited to see that we will get the Splendor. I'm even more excited to see a canal cruise in my future. I can't wait to book. It's not showing on the websight. I'll have to wait until morning and call.

Anyone else out there a little sad? The Pride is my favorite ship. I'm a little sad that she will be leaving the West coast.

The Pride is my favorite ship too. But I live in Ohio and never cruise from the West coast.

I have been on the Pride two times out of Port Canaveral in 2002. I was sad when she moved to the West coast .

Sad ? NOT ME!!!! I am happy that she is coming back to Florida! I have always wanted to sail her again!

I am very excited about all of it. I went on the Pride and now I get to go on the Splendor before she moves to the West Coast. Then I could do the Pride in the Caribbean, and mybe, just maybe, try the Splendor out west. We will just have to see. I am excited about the Spa on board as well.

Archived