a short "taste"of the South Pacific

bazzaw

Hi all

Just got back from 10 days on the Pacific Sun - stopping at Luganville, Champagne Bay, Port Vila, Mystery bay and Isle of Pines. Great itinerary - 2 days at sea, then 5 consecutive shore days and then another 2 days at sea for the return home.

For those who have yet to see some of these places - here is a very short "taste" of what you can expect to see and experience. I just love Vanuatu and the ni-vanuatan people.

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k59/Barryward12345/?action=view&current=a2b29182.pbw

Barry

Hi all

Just got back from 10 days on the Pacific Sun - stopping at Luganville, Champagne Bay, Port Vila, Mystery bay and Isle of Pines. Great itinerary - 2 days at sea, then 5 consecutive shore days and then another 2 days at sea for the return home.

For those who have yet to see some of these places - here is a very short "taste" of what you can expect to see and experience. I just love Vanuatu and the ni-vanuatan people.

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k59/Barryward12345/?action=view&current=a2b29182.pbw

Barry

Hi Barry, I''m glad you had a good time. We were going to go on that cruise but changed it to the new years eve one because of work commitments. On the brochure near the itinerary for your cruise they had the 75 years of P and O logo and I wonder if they did anything special to celebrate the anniversary or was that just somewhere to put the logo? By the way, nice photos. Pink Poodle

Hi

Actually, that is the blue hole north of Champagne Bay. You get there by local tour from the beach - $10 plus $4 entry (for local landholders) . It's a beautiful spot - you need a good 2 hours there in my opinion. Great place if the sun is a bit too strong on the beach - very shady and cool.

Barry

Hi Barry,On the brochure near the itinerary for your cruise they had the 75 years of P and O logo and I wonder if they did anything special to celebrate the anniversary or was that just somewhere to put the logo?

They had the official P&O historian onboard - who has been the historian for decades. He made four hour-long presentations (during sea days) on the history of P&O, including many "never seen before in public" photos from the first cruises in Australian waters during the 30's. These were quite popular presentations and everybody that I spoke to who attended enjoyed them.

They also gave every passenger a beautifully boxed set of 12 largish folding cards with P&O envelopes which featured copies of old P&O posters (eg advertising 6 week duration tours to Ceylon for Ten Guineas!!:eek: )

There was also a nicely printed colour dinner menu one night.

Barry

They had the official P&O historian onboard - who has been the historian for decades. He made four hour-long presentations (during sea days) on the history of P&O, including many "never seen before in public" photos from the first cruises in Australian waters during the 30's. These were quite popular presentations and everybody that I spoke to who attended enjoyed them.

They also gave every passenger a beautifully boxed set of 12 largish folding cards with P&O envelopes which featured copies of old P&O posters (eg advertising 6 week duration tours to Ceylon for Ten Guineas!!:eek: )

There was also a nicely printed colour dinner menu one night.

Barry

Hi Barry, wow, they really did do something different then! I would've loved to hear the talks by the historian. It would've been really interesting. Wouldn't it be great to do a six week tour to Ceylon for ten guineas! Thanks for answering my question, best wishes, Pink Poodle

Archived