Oldtimer with a question

tannise

Hi all - long time - no post! LOL

So here's the question......I've been in the process of losing weight and I'm down about 45 or so pounds. All the summer duds are gone from the local department stores. Any recommendations for where to order summer clothes on line? I'm cruising in a month (on a mini Enchanted Tiara reunion) and would love to get some bright, tropical color capris and sundresses.

Praise the goddesses - the formals fit again!! whewwwww

Dont know where you can shop but just wanted to say a big congratulations on losing that weight!

How wonderful you must feel to get into those formals! Well done!!!!!!!

Theres not a feeling in the world like it!!!

Hope you have a great cruise!!!

xx

Hi Tannese!

There are lots of sales going on now... Boston Proper might have what you're looking for--

http://www.bostonproper.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BPSaleCmd?langId=-1&storeId=10051

Also check the sales at nordstorms.com....

Good luck & congratulations on your weight loss! I bet you look like one foxy lady!

Have a good time on your cruise. Wish I could have made it this time, but my Tahitian cruise was about all I could handle for this year!

Hugs,

Shari

Hi again!

Thanks for all the congrats and suggestions - I'll be spending the next week surfing through all the sites you've suggested. If you run across any others, please post again. I wasn't sure what size I'd be, so I just couldn't bring myself to shop any sooner.

The hard part about losing weight isn't the actual diet, but making up your mind to do it. After gaining 10 pounds a year in my previous career and having no time to take care of me - it was just time to be my own priority. Now my blood pressure is down, glucose is normal, reflux is gone, etc. duhhhhhh it took me a while to figure out why I felt so awful.

Holly, so sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers to you and your family.

Mir - I can't believe you're really going to let this next cruise go by without being there.

And thank you all again so much for the kind words. I sure miss being here. Work and the grands seem to keep me pretty busy these days. I even heard a rumor that I have collarbones!! One of these days I'll work up the courage to look in a mirror! LOL

Tannise, take a look at this Eddie Bauer http://www.eddiebaueroutlet.com/default.asp?&cm_ven=Performics&cm_cat=Affiliate&cm_pla=Tier3&cm_ite=Tier3. 30% off in their outlet!!!

Unfortunately, this cruise has to go by the wayside as I'll probably be cruising up to Chicago for good while you're cruising the Caribbean. Then there's a little matter of knee replacement surgery. Didn't we go through this before?

Let us know what goodies you've found online to go with the new you!!!

Mir,

I could swear we HAVE been down this road before - more knee surgery!! Well both should be good after this eh? No more rock climbing for you. Thanks for the link - I'll check it our tonight. So far no new goodies to report. Seems that everything is either - teeny bopper, low rider pants and baby T's (sooooooooo not my style) or grandmotherly matron-ish. Also so not me.

BonnieMari - thanks for the link! I've never heard of Fresh Produce, I'm excited about a new place to look! And what a great name too! Thanks for the congrats!!

Congrats on the weight loss Tannise! Wow, you will look so great on this cruise, I wish I could say the same. I love Fresh Produce clothes, they aren't so young that they don't fit, but the colors and style are fun. Good luck on the shopping and it will be fun to see you in a few weeks.PS Miriam I do wish you were going to be there too!

The roll call board for your cruise is trying to update CC people who will be onboard. They are planning a get together at the TradeWinds Bar following muster drill.

How are you coming along with the shopping? I had a great day at Dillards yesterday. I've really got to stop!

Archived