Helpful Info For Carnival Ships

sea_u_onboard

I have another cabin to add to the "bad" list. We stayed in 6422 on the Glory in October 2006. We were directly above the Karaoke bar (Bar Blue). :eek: Let's just say that the singing was quite horrid at times (unfortunately for my mother she had to listen to me and my friend massacre a few songs, lol). It didn't really bother my friend or me much as we stayed out late most nights but my mother liked to go to sleep early and it got quite annoying for her at times.

Thank you for the info! We have cruised a couple of times but are taking some newbies with us this time and I try to think of everything I need to tell them and I know I am forgetting a lot of valuable stuff. This makes it easy to just have them check out your website!

Thank you.

I'm working on adding more information to the site so bookmark it and return every once in a while. Right now I'm trying to find webcams for each home port and designations.

I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for this website. It is great...and yes, must have been lots of work typing it all up at least!

One suggestion? Info is out there regarding the Cat 1A's that are not Upper/Lower and have a porthole, it would be a great addition to the special rooms. I think there are 2 or 4 of these rooms on some Carnival ships and they are a great bargain. :)

I was looking for the info and couldn't find it.

Thanks for this website. It is great...and yes, must have been lots of work typing it all up at least!

One suggestion? Info is out there regarding the Cat 1A's that are not Upper/Lower and have a porthole, it would be a great addition to the special rooms. I think there are 2 or 4 of these rooms on some Carnival ships and they are a great bargain. :)

I was looking for the info and couldn't find it.

I will add it. Thanks.

I will add it. Thanks.

Hi Cheryl,

What a lot of work you have done for all us first timers on Carnival. My hat is certainly off to you! From all your expertise we have learned that we do not want to be under the Lido Deck (noise) nor in the cabins on the very aft end of the ship (ashes).

Do you know anything about cabins 6277 & 6279 or 7299 & 7301 on the Legend? These are the cabins with the elevator shown RIGHT outside the cabin wall. The cabins & decks are huge but since they are still available I'm wondering if it is because of elevator noise.

Thanks for any help you (or anyone else out there) can give us.

Molly

First let me say thank you. The website is a collection that I have built over several years. I started gathering information for myself and then friends and family would say - Hey Cheryl you know a lot about cruising, what can you tell me about this or that. So I started to break things down into categories and print off sheets for them to enjoy in their leisure :) . Many call me the cruise director (I take that as a compliment). After a while I started 2 yahoo groups (still active - also in my signature) which have become difficult to keep updated - plus it only applies to 2 ships - so I decided to start the main website. Since I had most of the information already it was just a matter of copying and pasting and putting into the right format - deciding on colors and layouts. Still not 100% happy with what I have but it will do for now. I added the Google ads just to support the site and that's going OK (covers my monthly expenses so I can't complain).

Let me do say that my site will never come close to Cruise Critic and what they have to offer - I learn new things every day (like that even infants have to now tip). My site is there for quick reference. For those who what to add to their ever growing list of things to take and see - to those who don't have time to read through all the threads (as is the case with most in our group going in Sept). The site gives them a one stop place. It doesn't have all the answers but gets them on the right track to an enjoyable cruise. I know I would have enjoyed my first cruise even more if I knew then what I do now (and I still had a great time). I took three cruises before a friend turned me on to CC.

As far as the Legend I've never been on that class ship so I can't help.

I will try and update the pages soon (I have some other things to add). Got new bedroom furniture this weekend and it's been a chore doing anything but move and organize.

Enjoy the site and tell your friends.

Wow - did I just mis-speak. I said I'd never been on that class ship. Then I got to thinking - DUH! you were just on the Spirit. My "some-timers" is turning into "all-timers" :eek: .

I went out to look at the cabins you are referring to and to be honest I just can't remember what was said about these cabins - BUT - if you go to the thread ALL THINGS CARNIVAL SPIRIT in my signature you may find your answer there - since DUH the Legend is a Spirit Class ship. It's on the Alaska board (since that is where I started it) but many people use it just to learn information about the ship.

Hope you find what you are looking for - if not just ask - I'm sure someone can help.

Wow - did I just mis-speak. I said I'd never been on that class ship. Then I got to thinking - DUH! you were just on the Spirit. My "some-timers" is turning into "all-timers" :eek: .

I went out to look at the cabins you are referring to and to be honest I just can't remember what was said about these cabins - BUT - if you go to the thread ALL THINGS CARNIVAL SPIRIT in my signature you may find your answer there - since DUH the Legend is a Spirit Class ship. It's on the Alaska board (since that is where I started it) but many people use it just to learn information about the ship.

Hope you find what you are looking for - if not just ask - I'm sure someone can help.

Thanks Cheryl. I'm off to the Alaska Board to check out All Things Carnival on the Spirit. Thanks again! If we book these cabins I will certainly let you know about them so you can add them (hopefully) to your Good List.

But, it will be awhile ... trip won't be until Dec '08.

Molly

Thank you for the time you invested..Even after several cruises there is a wealth of knowledge here.

Realized I am under the dinning room!!! E202 on the Ecstasy. Opps. Hope there isn't anything else I forget when picking location.

The price differences interested me. I always book on the phone directly with Carnival after checking all the info on line.

I know people get cheaper than quoted rates but never knew how to take advatage of that.

Is checking on line for price reductions the answer? Booking early or late?

Hubby isn't a risk taker as far as "hoping" for an upgrade so we choose our room, book what I think is early & that is that.

Any more info on this?

Thanks

eltigre

I book through Carnival direct after checking prices online thtough one of my favorite online sites (because they show military pricing). I book early to get the cabin I want even if military discount is not available at that time - then keep checking and request lower rate once military discount is available. I have never not gotten a military rate.

I have booked guarantee twice. Once was our first cruise - at the advice of the agent - booked a 4A got a 6A - not bad. Next time did same thing but ended up with 4A and decided I didn't like the gloomy inside cabin (with no light) especially when I got all dressed up for a swim and got on deck to find it raining cats and dogs :( . So I swore no more insides. Decided to book outside next time and also decided that we wanted to decide where on the ship we would land. I've always selected our cabin since and take careful planning to ensure the location has no distractions.

Some get great prces by waiting until last minute - but I find I get better military rates. If you don't quailfy for military you can still take advantage of those last minute rates if your category goes down by calling and requesting OBC for the difference. If your category isn't available last minute you still might want to change it up to take advantage of the price drop - but by booking early you get the best selection of cabins and you have the best chance of getting the best price by watching the prices and calling each time the price drops. I got 2 price drops on our Alaska cruise and ended up with over $300 each in OBC for the 4 of us (over $1200) - not chump change.

I think you will be fine being under the dining room - we both know it could be worse. I mean - you may hear some noise during dining time and after (when they are cleaning up) but it's not like they are having the midnight party there.

The best thing I have found is book early and watch online when or if the price goes down and call an request that price change. If your trip is not completely paid for they will give you some off and if it is they will give you an onboard credit to use for the difference.

Also there is a site called cruise compete where places compete with their prices for your business. We did that this time and got a really good price.

Stay away from Cruise Value Center their customer service is HORRIBLE

good Luck

I would certainly appreciate it Molly. Have a great cruise

Hi Cheryl,

By reading through all the customer reviews for the Legend (they usually show cabin #). I was lucky enough to find someone who had been in one of the "elevator" cabins we were interested in. (Cabin #'s 6277 & 6279 and 7299 & 7301. There is also another set of these cabins on the 8th deck but they are under the pizza area.)

She highly recommended her cabin, said it was great and she experienced no noise from the elevators right outside the cabin wall.

Also said the larger cabin and big balcony were great.

After much consideration we decided to spend the extra $500 (per stateroom) on supper club dinners, excursions, etc. We booked adjoining cabins with extended balconies that we will be able to open for an even longer balcony (#6267 & 6269).

Hope this is a help for you and others. You have certainly been a huge help in our planning.

Molly

I book through Carnival direct after checking prices online thtough one of my favorite online sites (because they show military pricing). I book early to get the cabin I want even if military discount is not available at that time - then keep checking and request lower rate once military discount is available. I have never not gotten a military rate.

I have booked guarantee twice. Once was our first cruise - at the advice of the agent - booked a 4A got a 6A - not bad. Next time did same thing but ended up with 4A and decided I didn't like the gloomy inside cabin (with no light) especially when I got all dressed up for a swim and got on deck to find it raining cats and dogs :( . So I swore no more insides. Decided to book outside next time and also decided that we wanted to decide where on the ship we would land. I've always selected our cabin since and take careful planning to ensure the location has no distractions.

Some get great prces by waiting until last minute - but I find I get better military rates. If you don't quailfy for military you can still take advantage of those last minute rates if your category goes down by calling and requesting OBC for the difference. If your category isn't available last minute you still might want to change it up to take advantage of the price drop - but by booking early you get the best selection of cabins and you have the best chance of getting the best price by watching the prices and calling each time the price drops. I got 2 price drops on our Alaska cruise and ended up with over $300 each in OBC for the 4 of us (over $1200) - not chump change.

I think you will be fine being under the dining room - we both know it could be worse. I mean - you may hear some noise during dining time and after (when they are cleaning up) but it's not like they are having the midnight party there.

Hi Cheryl, Me again (Molly)

I forgot I wanted to ask you what online site you use that shows military discounts. I haven't found one that does.

Thanks again,

Molly

I was reading through the cabin selection for the Miracle ship. According to the information stating that cabin 8232 EB cabin is priced as a 7A. I have that cabin booked and was charged as a 8I of $1139 per person. Should I be getting that cabin at a 7A price?

Great website Cheryl! Good luck with it - hope you get lots of hits!

I am a bargain hunter myself and would like the best room for the price. We are looking at a May 2008 sailing on the Legend. Category 6A is sold out but OBV is available. Given that 6A is booked what is the likelyhood we get a 7A or higher? What about 8a or higher? 7A's are not my first pick but may be worth the price of an OBV. If it was you - what would you pick a OBV or a BL? The OBV saves us ~$90pp vs a BL.

As a side note, my PVP sent me a pic of the side of the ship where you can clearly see the 7A's in case you or anyone wants to see it. I'm attaching it to this post.

2009267921_Cat7APartiallyObstructedBalconies.jpg.a58d12613c00411af4ee14052cbff6f2.jpg

Great website Cheryl! Good luck with it - hope you get lots of hits!

I am a bargain hunter myself and would like the best room for the price. We are looking at a May 2008 sailing on the Legend. Category 6A is sold out but OBV is available. Given that 6A is booked what is the likelyhood we get a 7A or higher? What about 8a or higher? 7A's are not my first pick but may be worth the price of an OBV. If it was you - what would you pick a OBV or a BL? The OBV saves us ~$90pp vs a BL.

As a side note, my PVP sent me a pic of the side of the ship where you can clearly see the 7A's in case you or anyone wants to see it. I'm attaching it to this post.

I have to say I get leary of OBV and BL - any guarantee. We did GUAR our first two cruises. The first we went from 4A to 6A. Second we stayed in a 4A. I have heard too many horror stories about people in GUAR status that I just choose to choose my cabin. If you are willing to be happy with whatever you get then I say be adventurous and go for it. If you like to sleep at night then pick your cabin.

I was in a 7A on the Spirit. We were in one towards the back and to be honest there wasn't much difference between it and the 8A's we've had in the past. It was worth the savings. You could end up with one of the 7A's towards the front with the tallewr lifeboats. If you haven't do so yet - read through the PDF on the cabins and it lists the cabins with the more obsured views.

Chances: not sure. it's a roll of the dice. depending on the situation someone who booked before you could be bumped up and you could end up getting their 6A. Just don't book anything less then what you would be happy with - otherwise you could be very disapointed.

sea_u_onboard - thank you for your replies. I want a balcony, my husband want the least expensive and would be happy with an inside. OBV seems like a middle ground albeit a bit of a gamble.

Your website is great! Particularly the cabin info PDF.

Archived