should I take my son of the boat?

jenonacruise

I will be on the Coral Princess in April and I have a 8 year old son. We wanted to take the tour on a pirate ship around the harbor. I'm just not sure about getting off the ship at all.

What is your honest opinon about taking a blond haired, blue eyed, white american off the ship in columbia?

thank you

We were there about a month ago and would have no reservations at all of taking any of our grand kids who are of similar age on any of the tours especially the Pirate Ship. We did not go on the pirate ship, saw it out there, it looked fun and perfectly safe. Have a great time!

• 3 weeks later...
I will be on the Coral Princess in April and I have a 8 year old son. We wanted to take the tour on a pirate ship around the harbor. I'm just not sure about getting off the ship at all.

What is your honest opinon about taking a blond haired, blue eyed, white american off the ship in columbia?

thank you

We are 4 blind blue eyed americans and just did the Constellation in December

Cartagena was wonderful--we did a tour and saw the fort etc...

We used Mr Miles--

Our boys loved the fort, and the gold museum etc...

We never felt unsafe in Cartagena at all...We enjoyed La Popa, the fort, the walking around the colonial area etc...Well worth doing...

We did the snorkel, sail, swing in Aruba--which was a blast---you can swing like pirates there...where are your other ports of call? Consider using Cartagena as a tour stop.

• 3 weeks later...

although I wouldn't say we felt safe in Cartagena, I am glad we went. there is so much history in the city and its beautiful....(kids will enjoy the fort). it was very HOT, as well. my kids were 9 (a girl, blonde) and 12 (boy, blonde hair, blue eyes.) I didn't feel threatened in any waybecause of their looks, just amazed by the fact that people live there with a constant potential for violence (at least, thats how it felt). but then, the teachers were picketing the day we were there, so there were lots of automatic weapons visible.....

Archived