Small Travel Purse

SKP57

• 2 weeks later...

Lillian Vernon has one in microfiber, but you didn't say what size your camera is. If you've got a dslr, it's not going to fit in this purse. In fact, my Canon S1-IS won't fit either. But if yours is on the smallish size, it would.

I prefer messenger bag for traveling because they sling across the body leaving my hands free. www.everestbags.com has several sizes and styles, not to mention colors. I have both the large and medium messenger bags. Their quality is much better than you would think for the price. I found this company because I order things from them for work (health system/multiple hospitals - nurses use one of their bags for some hand-held diagnostic equipment that had been being dropped)) and knew of the quality, otherwise I would have thought the bags would be very cheaply made if I hadn't seen them myself.

Here's a link to a bag I'm planning to carry on my upcoming land trip to Egypt. I've heard good things about these bags. I bought the small size in microfiber. Even fully packed (and you can fit quite a bit in one, including wallet, camera, small guidebook, binoculars, sunglasses and maybe a couple other small items), it rests comfortable over your shoulder and doesn't feel heavy at all.

http://www.sitincomfort.com/healbacbagfr.html?src=google

I have a Pacsafe purse. It's light but sturdy. It has several theft deterrants like metal mesh on the bottom and in the shoulder strap so that someone can't slash it off your shoulder or cut the bottom out and pick up the contents. I bought mine at Zappos.com. It comes in a couple of sizes. I think I paid around $40.

Awesome purse. I really like that a lot.

I've been seeing that commercial for about a month and I kept thinking, "that would be great on a cruise." DH bought me a camera for Xmas and now I need somewhere to carry it, so that sealed the deal. :)

Has anyone bought this purse yet? If so, how much does it weight empty and what are the height, width, & depth?

I'm interested, but got a vague answer when I called the phone number & asked. I hate carrying a purse so the lighter it is empty, the better for me. And certainly small since I only carry what I HAVE to.

Thanks.

I would second and third the vote for Travelon. I have three of their bags in various sizes and colors (depending on whether I'm taking my camera or not).

QVC has a very liberal return policy, so you can try it out and if it doesn't work for you, you can return it for a full, 'no questions asked' refund. They'll even refund the S & H you paid to have it shipped to you in the first place. Not many places offer that.

T

Thanks for all of you help, I ordered a Travelon from QVC in a cute tropical design was going to order the black one but the lining was to busy for me I got the 3 compartment expandable one a really cute bag.

Thanks for all of you help, I ordered a Travelon from QVC in a cute tropical design was going to order the black one but the lining was to busy for me I got the 3 compartment expandable one a really cute bag.

I think that's the one i ordered.........and I love it!!

• 2 weeks later...

For the folks who were wondering about the Buxton Bag...I received it 2 days ago. Shipping took about 2 weeks.

It's made of very soft leather, lined in nylon. It has an outside cell phone holder, very easy access. Two outside zipper compartments, the one on the front of the bag zippers left to right and the one on the back zippers top to bottom. When you lift the flap (flap closes with magnetic snap) there is a zippered mesh compartment on the opposite side of flap, directly underneath, a pouch with 2 smaller pouch pockets. In front of that, another zippered mesh pocket inside another pouch. This pouch has expandable zippered sides and some slots for CCs and a little pouch for (probably) an umbrella. There is also another zipper around the outside to expand the main section another inch or so.

Bag is approx 9 in top to bottom, cell phone holder is on top of that, approx 4 in. Strap, fully extended is about 48 in. Width of bag, approx 8 in. Depth of bag, (empty) 3-4 in. with another inch or so available when zipper is open.

So far, I am pleased with this bag. I know the reviews said the snap was a problem, but I've opened and closed it about 20 times and I see no pulling around the snap. If you were to use this bag as an everyday item, you might want to have a wallet, something I currently don't need with the other purses I own. For a cruise, I think it's perfect. Hopefully, it will wear well.

HTH anyone who was interested in this bag. :)

Archived