Kayaking in Cas Cay anyone?

vspnj

Has anyone ever did the kayaking tour in Cas Cay? Also known as Mangrove Wildlife Refuge? We are going through RCCL for the excusion and it says from ages 2- 80. Just wondering how truthful that is and if it will be exciting enough for my 10 and 7 year olds.:confused:

hi,

i think they would love it. the kayaking is not difficult but might be trying for the 7 yr. old. the guide stopped a twice i think on the way to the beach. it was really interesting all of it. we saw some great birds and the twisted trees that protect the wildlife are cool. the hike is easy but a little rocky. he took us out to a waterspout and there you could see the line of corral that seperates the sea from the mangrove. then we hiked back to the beach to snorkel. he instructed those that were novices and reminded those like me that only snorkel once a year. everything under water was cool. we got a few suprise fish that aren't always visible. the water was clear and actually it was one of the better snorkel sites i've seen for variety. i've recommended it a few times. i think your kids would have a great time.

michelle

Archived