What's the earliest you got you cabin number?

singjenn

I got our cabin number the day I booked our cruise, 4 months ago. It was so easy! I had read and researched this forum extensively and knew exactly what I wanted. My Carnival representative was very helpful and gave me 3-4 cabins to pick from.:)

I am soooo inpatient! I am dying to know what our cabin number will be. I just cruised in July but I can't remember how soon before the cruise I got our cabin number. I keep looking at the Carnival site like eveyr hour to check. HA!

I cruise Feb 10 so I know it won't be too much longer :-)

:cool: :cool: We got our room number back in August when we booked - when I called Carnival - as we talked on the phone I went to the deck plan and told him where and what room I wanted. We have a balcony and across the hall interior and wanted together. I gather if you just book and no preferrences then you get assigned whenever. cindy

Just checked again...still TBA. Feb 2 Glory sailing.

I feel better knowing that you are IN the same boat as me (so to speak). My cabin still says TBA - and I leave on the Valor on February 10th. I keep telling myself that TBA is the best cabin on the ship ;)

We picked our cabin when we booked the cruise. I know it was our first cruise but we wanted to make sure we got a cabin in the center and as high as we could get. How much $$$ do you save if you let Carnival pick your cabin. Has anyone been stuck with a bad cabin (VEIW). I have heard horror stories about being stuck by the engine room or elevator.

Have a great cruise:)

Mike

I feel better knowing that you are IN the same boat as me (so to speak). My cabin still says TBA - and I leave on the Valor on February 10th. I keep telling myself that TBA is the best cabin on the ship ;)

Yep! it stands for The Big A$$ed cabin!:D :D :D

We seemd to get our room assignment quicker when we have the whole family (94 days out) than when it is just the two of us (50 days). Our next cruise I picked the room since we are doing a penthouse suite and since I am spending that much money I want to make sure I have a GREAT view (um... they don't know yet, gonna be a surprise for my DD's and DH's birthdays). :p We have had great luck in our room location and with our military discount on GTY you can't beat it...... :D :D

I don't think there's any rhyme nor reason to when you get your assignment with a GTY. We are on a B2B2B at the beginning of Feb, and received legs 1 and 3 over a month ago. (Upgraded from a 4A GTY to 5As - yay!) But we still haven't received our assignment for the 2nd leg. I've been checking it about a bazillion times a day...Never had to wait this long before - maybe no news is good news? :D

We also are sailing in February (17th to be exact on the Destiny, from San Juan, Puerto Rico) and my reservation on the web site TBA has been changed last week to our room number. We are pretty happy about this.

Have a nice trip.

Archived