Need help with transfer from ship to airport

chewbacca

My parents are cruising in less than 2 weeks and have a question about transfer from ship to Miami airport. Their ship is scheduled to arrive in port at 8:00am and their plane leaves at 10:22 am. Expedia (who they booked through) cannot guarantee that they will get to the airport in time for their flight.

What will be their best option to get back to the airport in time for their flight? Cab?

I told them I would ask the experts!!!!

cab. And be sure to tell them they need to be in the first group leaving the ship. Which they need to go to the pursers office and tell them they have a very early flight.

That really is early. If the ship is delayed by being cleared by customs or getting into port, they will miss their flight. But I have read here that many people have made early flights. So I'm sure they will too.

Rule of thumb: Never book a return flight that close at the end of a cruise if at all possible. Yes, the ships are usually in by 8 but what if it's even slightly late? Also, you still have to wait to disembark which can be anywhere from a few minutes to an hour depending on how smooth things go, then there's the transfer back to airport, checking in, etc etc. I know others say it can be done most of the time but it can also cause a lot of stress at the end of a great vacation. If I was them, I'd see if I could change my return flight time til later. Just my thoughts. :)

My parents are cruising in less than 2 weeks and have a question about transfer from ship to Miami airport. Their ship is scheduled to arrive in port at 8:00am and their plane leaves at 10:22 am. Expedia (who they booked through) cannot guarantee that they will get to the airport in time for their flight.

What will be their best option to get back to the airport in time for their flight? Cab?

I told them I would ask the experts!!!!

I will bet they miss it.Getting a cab at that time might be a trick also as many cabs do a round trip route from airport to port and port to airport and not many are arriving at 8.30am.It also depends if they are on a week cruise or shorter cruise.If its a larger ship or smaller.Keep in mind that the ship clears an hour after arrival and you still have 20-30 minutes to the airport and then you must clear security.They also must be at the gate 15 minutes prior or they could lose their seats.

Who booked them on theat flight?

A limo or private car would be the best option if they are going to try it.

Archived