Hair Dryers on Land Tour ?

ekuhlman

We are going on a 14-day HAL Alaska CruiseTour in June.

My wife would like to know if she needs to pack her hair dryer.

We know they have one on the cruise ship, but we are unsure (and so is our TA) about their availability during the land portion of our Cruise.

We will be in:

Fairbanks (3) nights

Denali (2) nights

Anchorage (1) night

and Seward (1) night

We don't know exactly what facility we will be staying at each location, and may not know right up until the trip itself.

For those of you that have taken a HAL land tour and visited those cities, do you recall there being a hair dryer available at all the locations where you stayed overnight.

Thanks in advance for any advice and/or recommendations.

Ed

We don't know exactly what facility we will be staying at each location, and may not know right up until the trip itself.

In Fairbanks you will almost certainly be in the Westmark, as HAL owns it and I believe it is not available to non-HAL customers. It is a modern hotel, and although I don't recall if there was a hair dryer there (I don't use one) I suspect there probably was one. I'll try to remember to get my DW to post an answer in the morning! :)

In Denali we were at the McKinley Chalet Resorts (owned and run by Aramark, not HAL) and there the facilities can vary considerably depending on which building you are in.

I would suggest to be on the safe side that your DW should pack a small hair dryer.

We are going on a 14-day HAL Alaska CruiseTour in June.

My wife would like to know if she needs to pack her hair dryer.

We know they have one on the cruise ship, but we are unsure (and so is our TA) about their availability during the land portion of our Cruise.

We will be in:

Fairbanks (3) nights

Denali (2) nights

Anchorage (1) night

and Seward (1) night

For those of you that have taken a HAL land tour and visited those cities, do you recall there being a hair dryer available at all the locations where you stayed overnight.

Thanks in advance for any advice and/or recommendations.

Ed

My cruise tour last year included Fairbanks, Denali, and Anchorage but I didn't remember if they had hair dryers or not so just checked the hotel sites and they all list them. I think these are the hotels HAL uses most of the time so likely to be where you'll stay.

http://www.denaliparkresorts.com/lodging-food/mckinley-chalet-resort.cfm

http://www.westmarkhotels.com/images/brochures/fai_rc.pdf

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/ANCAHHF-Hilton-Anchorage-Alaska/accommodations-amenities-popup.do?roomType=STD

Alaska is a very special place and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip.

Archived