Beach

shun

In St. Martin, just take the water taxi (located at the end of the pier to the left, you can't miss it) over to town and there is a beach right there, if you are looking for one very close to the ship. Shopping is right there also, so if you want to shop and beach, it is very easy.

The water taxi is $5 pp for unlimited trips for the day, very inexpensive.

Agree with Toto-the beach in St. Maarten downtown is perfectly fine-good if you have children as the surf is pretty calm. You can rent chairs and umbrellas for a small fee and there are some beachside cafes for drinks or lunch. Shopping and a small open air market are right there. Very easy and relaxing day! And prices in St. Martin usually seem to be less than St. Thomas.

We will be in St-Maarten and St-Thomas in feb. and I would like to know if there is a beach near the cruise ship.Thanks.

Shun,

Check out the ports of call board. There's alot of info. there on beaches etc.

Have a great time! :) St. Martin ( French side) is one of my favorite islands. If you get a chance to visit Orient beach....do it! There is one word to describe it...stunning!

In St. Thomas we took a cab to Magen's Bay. It was a great day. It cost us $8 pp each way. It was $4 for adults to get in the beach. There are float/lounge rentals and a snack bar there. There is also a line of cab drivers waiting to take you back to the ship. We had a great day there.

I have a picture but it's not on a photosharing site. If there is a way to upload it directly from my computer without putting it on a file sharing site please let me know how to do that.

Archived