Just back POAL- 12/22

traveljule

Thanks traveljule, you're the best! I was going to book the anniversary package but I think I will wait and just go for the wine & dine. Are children charged the same amount as adults in the specialty restaurants?

I believe children are charged the same.Ours are teens so they were the same. The wine and dine pckge pre-pays, and reserves the 2 adults only. So if you are taking a child you need to change the reservation to seat 3 and you will be charged for the 3rd. Don't waste time calling the reservation person, she was always sitting at the Coffee bar in the morning with her laptop.

Have fun!

Julie

Thanks Traveljule. I was also wondering about cabin configuration. I assumed that the little triangle meant an upper bunk but I've read in some reviews that the third person accomodation is a sofabed that is pulled out every evening making it difficult to move around in the room. Did you notice any upper bunks or is it all sofabeds?

It may depend on the room category you are in (unless I've missed it I'm not sure you've said what Cat of cabin you're in, but have stated only the deck). We're leaving in a couple days on the Aloha and I know that our cabin has an upper as well as the sofa bed. We also sailed her when she was the Sky & had that config also (2 lowers, an upper and the single sofa bed). So the key might be to check out some of the rooms for 4 people and book one of those that has an upper. However if you mean the Balcony cats, I'm not sure if any of them sleep 4 so it all might be a moot point.

I do want to thank those who have had input on this thread (especially Traveljule). It's been informative!

• Administrators
It may depend on the room category you are in (unless I've missed it I'm not sure you've said what Cat of cabin you're in, but have stated only the deck). We're leaving in a couple days on the Aloha and I know that our cabin has an upper as well as the sofa bed. We also sailed her when she was the Sky & had that config also (2 lowers, an upper and the single sofa bed). So the key might be to check out some of the rooms for 4 people and book one of those that has an upper.

Just wanted to add, bon voyage Monte --I'll really be looking forward to your review when you get back from paradise! :)

Bunk configuration, particularly on a ship like the Aloha, which wasn't built to a template designed to create 4-7 ships, can vary a lot from ship to ship. Websites like www.cruisestateroom.com can help you figure out which class has what set up, sometimes.

What I've found most helpful is to do a search on the web (a general google search may be way too broad, but you can search here at CC, picasa, webshots, and shutterfly) for your ship name and cabin number. Frequently I've found little "nuggets" of information that way, often including photos of our particular cabin.

We're booked in an inside with little or no opportunity to switch as the boat is pretty well sold out. The few remaining cabins are ridiculously priced. When I booked, I just assumed that the little triangle represented an upper berth because that's what it meant on the last cruise we went on with Celebrity but with NCL it means "third person occupancy available". I've had no luck finding a picture or review of our cabin so we will keep our fingers crossed and see when we get there! Either way we will have a great time!

Just wanted to add, bon voyage Monte --I'll really be looking forward to your review when you get back from paradise! :)

Thanks Michell

We're booked in an inside with little or no opportunity to switch as the boat is pretty well sold out. The few remaining cabins are ridiculously priced. When I booked, I just assumed that the little triangle represented an upper berth because that's what it meant on the last cruise we went on with Celebrity but with NCL it means "third person occupancy available". I've had no luck finding a picture or review of our cabin so we will keep our fingers crossed and see when we get there! Either way we will have a great time!

I hope you have a good time as well. I'm afraid though that with only 3 occupant availability, that it will be 2 lowers and the sofa bed. I'll attach a couple of photos of our cabin (when it was the SKY). I'd guess your cabin will be similar but without the upper bunk. Yes, it was extremely crowded but we were usually only in it to sleep (but it was a PITA to get to the bathroom)

Some day I've got to learn that if I wanna take stateroom photos, to do it b4 we've lived in it for a few days and made it funky ;) LOL

-Monte

2077806753_NorweiganSky-AlaskaMay2001020.jpg.491ecf365e5329df8c5b396280941d8c.jpg

1517367512_NorweiganSky-AlaskaMay2001021.jpg.005e64f8bb943d714a4c03a85f1f317b.jpg

Thanks for the great pics! Looks a bit tight doesn't it? When we sailed on Century a few years back, our cabin attendant fit a cot parallel to our bed for our son. We had to crawl in and out from the bottom but it sure left a lot more space to get about. I'm sure we will manage with the pullout across the bottom but I think I will keep checking to see if any 4 person cabins open up. I'm sure they will change it as long as it's in the same category.

It may depend on the room category you are in (unless I've missed it I'm not sure you've said what Cat of cabin you're in, but have stated only the deck). We're leaving in a couple days on the Aloha and I know that our cabin has an upper as well as the sofa bed. We also sailed her when she was the Sky & had that config also (2 lowers, an upper and the single sofa bed). So the key might be to check out some of the rooms for 4 people and book one of those that has an upper. However if you mean the Balcony cats, I'm not sure if any of them sleep 4 so it all might be a moot point.

I do want to thank those who have had input on this thread (especially Traveljule). It's been informative!

My pleasure. I love talking about cruising...it's my favorite subject!;)

Aloha, have a great cruise!

Archived