5 in a cabin on spririt

teletubbymom

oh, i forgot..i took some other photos of rooms..as i passed by. this was an inside room...a different floor plan then most of then. but you can see the bunk bed over the bed on the far wall. i didn't look to see if there was another bunk on the other wall...but that would only be good for 4.

700745537_SidewaysInsideCabin.jpg.2902ed332156b1171ed995cadf762132.jpg

The Spirit is built very different from most ships. Our TA search hard to get what we wanted but was unable to. The only connecting rooms are balcony cabins on the 9th and 10th deck plus some suites. Every other room is a double and the others are triples so to balcony rooms would work for you, we wanted connecting for 6 but that was not available so we have 2 triples non connecting.

The boat was not built for this market so it is thinner and the rooms are layed out differently, this is what NCL told our TA.

Inside cabins hold 2-4 and some suites only hold 3. Your best bet would be 2 balconies but you would pay full price for 4 out of 5 of you, but probably cheaper than the suites.

Good luck

Spirit does NOT show connecting inside cabins.

You would have to cruise 2 balcony cabins in order to have the children connect to you but then they are in a cabin with a balcony.

You may be better off booking one of the newer NCL ships. I believe the AB's on the Dawn, Jewel, Pearl and Gem can sleep five.

Good Luck:)

I don't believe that there are any cabins for 5 below the suite level, and even if they did, it would be extremely crowded with no room to move!

I don't believe that any of the suites will accomodate 5. I think your best bet would be to get 2 connecting balconies as Cosmopolitan says.

We really do love the Spirit and have more cruises planned in her in the next 2 years. We are a family of 4 and have found quad cabins a really tight fit.

I have researched this ship and have driven my TA crazy with requests to find a good cabin for 4. I have also spoken with NCL a few times and this is what I have found out about the Spirit cabins for 4 or 5.

The Spirit does not accomodate 5 in any cabin (Suite, outside, inside).

The only adjoining cabins are balconies or Suites with a balcony.

There are about 8 outside cabins that are quads on deck 4 and all are 3 lower beds and 1 upper. Actually all of the insides are 3 lower beds and one upper.

There are some very large inside cabins and outside cabins but they have not allowed me to fit more than the listed occupancy. There are life boat and occpancy reasons. For example, The 2 front outside cabins are both 225 sq. feet (8000 and 8500, it think). NCL will only allow 3 in the cabin. Cabins 5035, 6035, and 6535 are 200 sq. feet and will allow 4 passengers max. There are a few other insides that are about 190 sq. feet on deck 9 that fit 4.

We have decided to book a suite with an adjoining BB for us this year. It is more money but we do like the ship and the extra space is worth it for us. All of the suites on the Spirit are 2 or 3 passenger max.

We have stayed in an AB on the Dawn with 4 and it will accomodate 5. It is a great cabin for families in my opinion.

Good luck with your search.

We are sailing 1/20 with 5 of us. We have 2 inside cabins, side by side, at the end of a hallway.

We didn't want to spend the extra for outside, balcony or connecting cabins. this is our 11th cruise (7th with our 3 children), and with the small amount of time you are in the cabin, we have never felt it worth it.

We have traveled Carnival up to the point. We have had 5 in a cabin on the Fantasy type ships (Fantasy, Ecstasy and Elation are the ones we have been on). It is crowded, as they bring in a cot for the 5th person. We always folded it up first thing, just to have some room. There were 2 upper bunks as well. Now that my daughters are older 12, 10 and 7, it is just too much to all be in one cabin. Yet they are too young to all be in one with DH and I in the other. So we will split up for sleeping, and will have 2 toilets/showers (yeah!).

I will post after the trip to let you know how it worked with the non-connecting cabins.

Thanks for your response. My husband and I have sailed the Carnival Conquest and now we want to bring the kids for our anniversary. We always have said we would get a balcony but maybe this time 2 inside connecting would be better. We want to leave from NY so we don't need to fly. Airfare is outrageous right now and traveling on flights with the 3 kids is a bit overwhelming.

Hey JimSwims and everyone else on these boards!

I'm new to Cruisecritic and I plan on using the forums as a tool in planning my upcoming 5-18-08, 8-day cruise on the Spirit. I was wondering if you knew what particular beforementioned inside cabins had the extra space? Thanks so much.

Thanks for your response. My husband and I have sailed the Carnival Conquest and now we want to bring the kids for our anniversary. We always have said we would get a balcony but maybe this time 2 inside connecting would be better. We want to leave from NY so we don't need to fly. Airfare is outrageous right now and traveling on flights with the 3 kids is a bit overwhelming.

I think that having connecting inside cabins are a great idea. The only problem is the Spirit does not have them. I would have to look but I do not think that the Dawn does either.

Hey JimSwims and everyone else on these boards!

I'm new to Cruisecritic and I plan on using the forums as a tool in planning my upcoming 5-18-08, 8-day cruise on the Spirit. I was wondering if you knew what particular beforementioned inside cabins had the extra space? Thanks so much.

Hi RobertC313,

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I found out about the bigger cabins on the Spirit by walking by one when we were on the ship in 2006. I was walking back to our small inside for 4 :D.

The NCL site does list the cabin sizes when you search for cruise prices and cabins. When the cabins are listed, click on the number and you will get the size and ammenities for the cabin.

You can also get some really good info on Cruise Critic by using the search function above. Type in what you are looking for and you may get threads, pictures, and info. By using this, I was able to find actual pictures of the larger Spirit cabins.

I also have a great Travel Agent who knows the cruise industry.

Good luck on your cruise planning and feel free to ask questions. That is what these boards are for.

Archived