Nextcruise???

mammy

I have a cruise on hold for 2009, finally got the cabin I really want:D My question is can I book this cruise now, and get a nextcruise discount on my upcoming cruise and use the coupon?? I am kinda of doing it backwards but does it still apply?:confused:

Thanks for the info

No. Unless you already have a NextCruise booking in hand...you can't use it on a cruise you have on hold. You are trying to do it backwards. Book a nextcruise onboard and then choose a future sailing. Sorry.

You can apply a coupon to your booking if one is available. You can book a next cruise onboard but it would be a new booking, and difficult to keep your preferred cabin with it.

No. Unless you already have a NextCruise booking in hand...you can't use it on a cruise you have on hold. You are trying to do it backwards. Book a nextcruise onboard and then choose a future sailing. Sorry.

You can apply a coupon to your booking if one is available. You can book a next cruise onboard but it would be a new booking, and difficult to keep your preferred cabin with it.

oK I understand that you can only use it for future cruises and not those already booked:cool: I guess it makes sense........but what I am confused about is if you have to pay $100-$200 upfront.....and then get only $100 back for a 6-8 nighter.......haven't you already paid for your own obc???:confused: what does the cruise ship kick in???

Thanks for the info.

The $100-$200 is deducted from the deposit amount that you will pay when you book that future cruise. The advantage to Next Cruise is that you are getting onboard credit as if you had booked onboard the ship, and you are tying up less money. If you book from home, on a regular booking you wouldn't receive any OBC in most circumstances. :)

...but what I am confused about is if you have to pay $100-$200 upfront.....and then get only $100 back for a 6-8 nighter.......haven't you already paid for your own obc???:confused: what does the cruise ship kick in???
The $100 per person you pay up front for the NextCruise option is a deposit towards the cruise you will book in the future. It is not an additional charge!

Royal Caribbean gives you the onboard credit. You don't pay for it. Your deposit is deducted from the balance you owe on your cruise. :)

Oh I see.........silly me.....i must have missed reading something, no longer confused, i will do nextcruise on my upcoming cruise.....thank you for clearing things up for me:p

Oh I see.........silly me.....i must have missed reading something, no longer confused, i will do nextcruise on my upcoming cruise.....thank you for clearing things up for me:p

I have a cruise on hold for 2009, finally got the cabin I really want:D My question is can I book this cruise now, and get a nextcruise discount on my upcoming cruise and use the coupon?? I am kinda of doing it backwards but does it still apply?:confused:

I realize several people have told you this can't be done, but I have done it with no problem, as long as you just have the cruise on courtesy hold and have not paid the deposit to book. I renewed my hold each day until I left on my cruise. Once on board I went to the loyalty ambassador, gave him my booking number for the courtesy hold, and he redid the whole thing with a new booking number. The whole point of doing so was to keep the cabin.

I realize several people have told you this can't be done, but I have done it with no problem, as long as you just have the cruise on courtesy hold and have not paid the deposit to book. I renewed my hold each day until I left on my cruise. Once on board I went to the loyalty ambassador, gave him my booking number for the courtesy hold, and he redid the whole thing with a new booking number. The whole point of doing so was to keep the cabin.[/quote

Had I have known this an hour ago.......it would have come in handy...i just put the deposit down today...well i guess i know for next time......I am still happy though I got the exact cabin I wanted...and I guess it's worth the extra $100 or so....but thank you so much I will definately know what to do in the future.:p

Had I have known this an hour ago.......it would have come in handy...i just put the deposit down today...well i guess i know for next time......I am still happy though I got the exact cabin I wanted...and I guess it's worth the extra $100 or so....but thank you so much I will definately know what to do in the future.:p

If your cruise is still far enough away, you can cancel with no penalty. The instant you cancel, that cabin becomes available again so put another courtesy hold on it right away. Since the loyalty ambassadors will probably not be available on Day 1, renew the hold early in the a.m. before you leave home. The hold will not expire until midnight of the following day.

If you really want to be paranoid about it (I sometimes am) you can open 2 browser windows to renew the hold. In one, sign in and pull up the hold. In the other, start a reservation right up to the point of Category (not cabin) selection. When you cancel the hold in the first browser window, immediately go to the second and reselect the cabin.

I realize several people have told you this can't be done, but I have done it with no problem, as long as you just have the cruise on courtesy hold and have not paid the deposit to book. I renewed my hold each day until I left on my cruise. Once on board I went to the loyalty ambassador, gave him my booking number for the courtesy hold, and he redid the whole thing with a new booking number. The whole point of doing so was to keep the cabin.

Yes...but that's not a Next Cruise booking, and you pay the full deposit. It really depends on whether the price has increased between now and the cruise. That is a good way to keep your preferred cabin, though. (but a lot of work and diligence, 24 hours at a time):D

For that matter...if the price has NOT increased. You can rebook onboard. (possibly keep the same cabin, maybe) Or re-deposit and do the cabin switch when you get home. Sorry. The original question was about retrroactively using a NextCruise booking for a cruise on hold. And that would still be a No.

Thanks alot , boy have i learned a thing or two today.........I just love this site...How about if i just go to the la and ask for them to apply it?? It's worth a try:rolleyes: The problem with me being able to do the hold thing.......is time, I run my own business.......and there is no time.........I am afraid that i will forget and viola.......cabin dissapears:mad:

Very good suggestions though:p

You can even do it with an existing booking.

Book the room. Get your NextCruise. Call RCI, cancel the old one and put the room on the NextCruise and have your initial deposit transfered to the NextCruise booking.

It is really not that hard.

But it still depends on whether the price goes up between now and then. If it doesn't...there are many options. If she/he is already on the ship and booking...and has previously deposited the full amount. There is really no need for a NextCruise (other than the fact that it is great thing to have at home when you see a fabulous cruise deal). I am starting to confuse myself. :D :eek:

Archived