Conquest Crazies Unite !!/CRAZIES GROUP CRUISE??? CHECK IT OUT!

billsrobb

Hey Mach,

Here comes all the stupid questions from someone who has never done a CC group cruise.

1. Does the price stay the same, even if the price goes down on the Carnival site?

2. Can a person get any discounts for past guest, military, etc? (I think I know the answer to this one)

If we decide to book ourselves because the price is better due to other discounts, how does that affect the bottom line of the CC group?

Hey Mach,

Here comes all the stupid questions from someone who has never done a CC group cruise.

1. Does the price stay the same, even if the price goes down on the Carnival site?

2. Can a person get any discounts for past guest, military, etc? (I think I know the answer to this one)

If we decide to book ourselves because the price is better due to other discounts, how does that affect the bottom line of the CC group?

We would like to know also.

Hey Mach,

OK... let's see what I can do with these...

1). I'm betting you won't see a better price on the Carnival site. I've never see the price go down on a Conquest sailing but as this is a contract with Carnival I expect the price will remain the same. I'll be glad to check, however.

2) No additional discounts apply.

If you book on your own it won't effect the rest of the group. You WON'T get the $100 credit or the other goodies, however.

OK... let's see what I can do with these...

1). I'm betting you won't see a better price on the Carnival site. I've never see the price go down on a Conquest sailing but as this is a contract with Carnival I expect the price will remain the same. I'll be glad to check, however.

2) No additional discounts apply.

If you book on your own it won't effect the rest of the group. You WON'T get the $100 credit or the other goodies, however.

1. Asked because the prices are only 15 - 30 dollars below currently listed prices. (I realize the OBC needs to be considered) but upgrades would be nice if they applied!

2. What I thought.

WIll we get to still play with the group or considered inmates of a 'special' wing? :)

It's OFFICIAL !!! We're a Cruise Critic Group Cruise !!!

Yippee!!! Thank you, Mach, for making this happen! I have a quick question, and I know I can look this up on Carnival, but the Cat 11s on Conquest are not like the Cat 11 on Ecstasy, overlooking a deck below, right? Those prices look great, but since I am spoiled and have to have a balcony, PLUS i will probably be cruising alone, so i have to pay double! Is there anything you can do about THAT, Mach??:D :D ;) Just kidding! Great news, looking forward to when we can book!!!:cool:

Yippee!!! Thank you, Mach, for making this happen! I have a quick question, and I know I can look this up on Carnival, but the Cat 11s on Conquest are not like the Cat 11 on Ecstasy, overlooking a deck below, right? Those prices look great, but since I am spoiled and have to have a balcony, PLUS i will probably be cruising alone, so i have to pay double! Is there anything you can do about THAT, Mach??:D :D ;) Just kidding! Great news, looking forward to when we can book!!!:cool:

The cat 11 on the Conquest are quite a bit different than those on the Fantasy class ships. On the Fantasy class the cat 11 are 220 sq ft plus the balcony. On the Conquest they are between 275 and 340 sq ft plus a balcony that varies from 65 sq ft to 200 sq ft!!! In the Conquest cat 11 you also get a whirlpool tub rather than just the shower.

Not much I can do about the single supplement thingy... I'll be sailing single myself. We can both drown our sorrows in a DoD!!!

:D

1. Asked because the prices are only 15 - 30 dollars below currently listed prices. (I realize the OBC needs to be considered)

2. What I thought.

WIll we get to still play with the group or considered inmates of a 'special' wing? :)

Well, of course you can still play with us! We'll just put an asterisk next to your name!!!

;)

The cat 11 on the Conquest are quite a bit different than those on the Fantasy class ships. On the Fantasy class the cat 11 are 220 sq ft plus the balcony. On the Conquest they are between 275 and 340 sq ft plus a balcony that varies from 65 sq ft to 200 sq ft!!! In the Conquest cat 11 you also get a whirlpool tub rather than just the shower.

I was thinking of maybe doing a suite, but from your description, I would never get my husband out of the room :eek: . Maybe I'll just start him with a balcony on this one. It would be our first above an OV.

I think that is the kind I have, but I haven't used it in a long time! Jamb, I hope you know I was joking about the whole duct, duck tape thing!:)

Of course I did.:) I saw all the smiley faces. I do see an on going joke starting here tho.

Okay please forgive my ignorance on this one - who do i call to book this and where do i find out pricing?? :)

It's Friday after a loooooooooooong week - my brain is not working with me! Thanks for any help!

But I WANT ON :)

I'll be providing that info probably this afternoon or tomorrow. The prices are good and we'll be WELL taken care of!

OK. BEEN ON THE SIDELINES LONG ENOUGH. I USUALLY WATCH THE SHIP SAIL AWAY WITHOUT US EVERY WEEK OVER DAVES SHOULDER. LOL BLASTERDAVE IS MY HUBBY. HE HOGS THE PC WHEN HES HOME. AND HE ALWAYS WAKES BEFORE ME. I STAY UP LATE TO LET HIM SLEEP SO I DONT DISTURB HIM. MED PROBS...DRIVE HIM NUTS. BUT I LOVE HIM SO I PLAY WITH PLASTIC CANVAS AND READ TIL AS LATE AS I CAN TO LET HIM REST....AWWW...AINT I SWEET? LOL ANYWAY, HE USUALLY WAKES ME WITH, "THE SHIP IS BACK! THE SHIP IS BACK!" AND THEN WE WATCH IT OFF AND ON TIL 4PM...THEN WE WATCH IT SAIL AWAY WITHOUT US ONCE AGAIN. AND GET MISTY EYED...AND FEEL LEFT OUT AGAIN. LMAO OH WELL. OUR TIMES COMING. HE TOLD ME OF THIS BOARD THE OTHER DAY AND READS STUFF TO ME OFF AND ON. TOLD ME ABOUT THE CRAZIES CRUISE. MAN I AM HOPING TAX RETURN GREAT!!! WANT A CRUISE THIS YEAR FOR OUR 5TH ANNIVERSARY AND TO JOIN THIS CRAZIES CRUISE TOO. CANT HELP IT...WE ARE ADDICTED. LIKE THAT TOOK ROCKET SCIENCE TO KNOW THAT ONE? LOL OH WELL....HEY TO ALL!!!:D

OK. BEEN ON THE SIDELINES LONG ENOUGH. I USUALLY WATCH THE SHIP SAIL AWAY WITHOUT US EVERY WEEK OVER DAVES SHOULDER. LOL BLASTERDAVE IS MY HUBBY. HE HOGS THE PC WHEN HES HOME. AND HE ALWAYS WAKES BEFORE ME. I STAY UP LATE TO LET HIM SLEEP SO I DONT DISTURB HIM. MED PROBS...DRIVE HIM NUTS. BUT I LOVE HIM SO I PLAY WITH PLASTIC CANVAS AND READ TIL AS LATE AS I CAN TO LET HIM REST....AWWW...AINT I SWEET? LOL ANYWAY, HE USUALLY WAKES ME WITH, "THE SHIP IS BACK! THE SHIP IS BACK!" AND THEN WE WATCH IT OFF AND ON TIL 4PM...THEN WE WATCH IT SAIL AWAY WITHOUT US ONCE AGAIN. AND GET MISTY EYED...AND FEEL LEFT OUT AGAIN. LMAO OH WELL. OUR TIMES COMING. HE TOLD ME OF THIS BOARD THE OTHER DAY AND READS STUFF TO ME OFF AND ON. TOLD ME ABOUT THE CRAZIES CRUISE. MAN I AM HOPING TAX RETURN GREAT!!! WANT A CRUISE THIS YEAR FOR OUR 5TH ANNIVERSARY AND TO JOIN THIS CRAZIES CRUISE TOO. CANT HELP IT...WE ARE ADDICTED. LIKE THAT TOOK ROCKET SCIENCE TO KNOW THAT ONE? LOL OH WELL....HEY TO ALL!!!:D

Hi, and welcome to Mrs. Blasterdave, glad you might be joining the cruise. yippee :D

Excuse another dumb question which may be the same question that lowridermama just asked.

OK you have 4As, 6A, and 8As listed. So do you give upgrades from those cabins or is that the starting price and you buy/pay $$$ to move to a higher deck.

sorry I didnt understand your answer of no discounts exactly. maybe someone else has asked this already and I missed it. havent read every single post yet....still reading.

I think Mach is wishing we would all just be patient!! LOL :D

Can't tell we're excited, can ya?

Welcome! It's about time you came out of the shadows!!!

Glad to have ya' and we're only a LITTLE crazy!!! Well, OK... a BIT more than a little crazy but we're nice!!!

I think Mach is wishing we would all just be patient!! LOL :D

Can't tell we're excited, can ya?

Can ya tell Iv never been on a CC cruise either. Absolutely clueless.

OK, I was wondering before when Mach first posted and now I see its pulled (elsewhere). I just didnt want to be the first one asking questions. He probably wants the cruise questions moved to the new thread he said he is making. sorry!!

OK, kids... this is what we've been waiting for...

It's OFFICIAL !!! We're a Cruise Critic Group Cruise !!!

TEAM CRAZIES SAILS THE CARIBBEAN!!!

Ya want the rest of the good news??? We got the REDUCED DEPOSIT !!!! $25/pp until February 21 !!!!

As soon as we're able to book I'll let everyone know the particulars!!!

PLUS !

$100 ship board credit per cabin

Cruise Critic Magnets or similar (one per cabin)

Cruise Critic Lanyards or similar (one per person)

15% discount on all other Cruise Critic logo items

Are you PSYCHED ???? I AM !!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

I am Psyched and ready to go. can't wait for the prices..

Robb

Hey Mach,

On the Cupids CC cruise we did get a lower price at one point, because the cost went down on the Carnival site. Someone in our group called Johnna and she took care of us.

I do not think you can get any other discount like past guest or military on a group cruise. We did have some book separately because of this.

We have several on our roll call that did not book with the "official" CC group. We affectionately call them "adopted" cupids. The only reason we differentiate is because they do not get the group perks.

Kathy

On the Cupids CC cruise we did get a lower price at one point, because the cost went down on the Carnival site. Someone in our group called Johnna and she took care of us.

I do not think you can get any other discount like past guest or military on a group cruise. We did have some book separately because of this.

We have several on our roll call that did not book with the "official" CC group. We affectionately call them "adopted" cupids. The only reason we differentiate is because they do not get the group perks.

Kathy

Kathy,

Thanks for the info! I think Mach will make sure we are taken care of as well as you were.

Adopted vs. getting a star.......I have to think on that one.....I still like blue stars...:p :D

Archived