Princess Cruises' Kids' Menu

merela

Before I throw this out, I thought I better post it in case someone wants to take a look at it:

ALPHABET SOUP

Pasta letters swimming in a sea of chicken broth

GARDEN SALAD

The Power Rangers flex their muscles on the greens plucked from the Princess vegetable patch

SPAGHETTI SNAKES

Slippery, slithering rattler noodles with meat balls and tomato sauce

HIGH SEAS HOT DOG

A real "Wiener"! Our plump, 100% beef hot dog is served on a bun with all the condiments, including coleslaw, potato chips or steak fries

BUCCANEER BURGER

The juiciest quarter pounder afloat. Served plain or with chesse and a big side order of French fries

CHICK-CHICK-CHICKEN FINGERS

A hands-down favorite at Princess Cruises dipped in BBQ sauce or ranch dressing

FISH STICKS

Swords from the sea wage a winning battle with ketchup or a creamy tartar sauce and a heap of shoestring potatoes

LOVE BOAT VOLCANO

A mountain of ice cream erupting with heaps of hot fudge, sliced banana and whipped cream with a bright red cherry on top

CRUISE CHIPS

A delicious, chewy cookie packed full of rich chunks of chocolate to be scarfed down by themselves or as a sandwich with vanilla ice cream

FRUIT SALAD

The fresh, juicy colorful mix that makes Barney big, strong and happy

ORANGE JUICE, APPLE JUICE, OR A GLASS OF "MOO" (We have chocolate syrup too....)

• Like 2

I used my 2 kids as an excuse to order 2 extra appetizers, 2 extra entrees and 2 extra desserts!

If your kids like ice creams, only dining rooms offer ice cream during lunch and dinner. Do try their sorbets and frozen yogurts. Jello is also available at all times (in both the dining room and Horizon Court).

Check my other post on kids' patters from the Kids' Zones.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=78310&highlight=Kids%27+patters

HTH.

My 7 Y.O. son is a picky eater and has food allergies (Eggs, Nuts, & Fish), we preordered (the night before) Fillet Mignon or a Grilled Chicken breast prepared the way he liked it every night. They were more than happy to satisfy his and our needs. When we cruised along with other children, they offered them the same special ordered options.

Harvey

• 3 months later...

pretty common kids menu; very much like the other cruise lines

my son LOVES salad.... he gets a special salad made every night

he's a big veggie fan... and he's only 8 :) last week at lunch, he ordered the Kids Crudite off of a deli menu

Our first cruise my youngest daughter was 9 (very picky), but for some reason she was willing to try new foods on the cruise. She usually ordered off the adult menu but would either substitute fries for the starch (embarrassed to admit I also did that a couple of times:o ) or if she questioned the entree she would order just a side order of chicken fingers for an appetizer. With the rolls, and dessert, and appetizers, it's hard for even the pickiest of eaters to come out of the dining room hungry, and if they are there is always room service and the Horizon court.:)

• 1 year later...

Here's a helpful hint:

When we traveled with my daughter and our 2year old grandson, we prearranged with the head waiter to show us the menu for the next night. My daughter ordered his meal and AS SOON as we arrived the next night...there was his first course waiting!

It really helped the bordom and sqirming, because he was busy eating while we ordered and talked.

Try it, this was Celebrity but I'm sure all the lines would do it.

Eileen

• 7 months later...

great kids menu but my son will be very sad to not have pizza most nights. i'm surprised there isn't pizza on that menu. do you have to pay for it somewhere? or can he get it on the buffet?

he is 6 and seriously it is his favourite food ever. i know he will want it.

This June we will have an 11-year old and a 14-year old in our group. Would they be given kid menus or adult menus? Or is it their choice? Ironically, the 14-year old is a lot pickier and would probably benefit more from having a kids' menu than his 11-year old sister! :)

This June we will have an 11-year old and a 14-year old in our group. Would they be given kid menus or adult menus? Or is it their choice? Ironically, the 14-year old is a lot pickier and would probably benefit more from having a kids' menu than his 11-year old sister! :)

Anyone can order from either menu. I being 36 often order spaghetti and the volcano dessert from the kids menu. So far, I have not been turned down. They did laugh at me a few times when I asked for the kids menu.

Your kids can order from either menu. The kids menu doesn't change so after you see it once, you will know what is on it.

Anyone can order from either menu. I being 36 often order spaghetti and the volcano dessert from the kids menu. So far, I have not been turned down. They did laugh at me a few times when I asked for the kids menu.

Your kids can order from either menu. The kids menu doesn't change so after you see it once, you will know what is on it.

I will be trying the volcano too on our next cruise:D

Here's a helpful hint:

When we traveled with my daughter and our 2year old grandson, we prearranged with the head waiter to show us the menu for the next night. My daughter ordered his meal and AS SOON as we arrived the next night...there was his first course waiting!

It really helped the bordom and sqirming, because he was busy eating while we ordered and talked.

Try it, this was Celebrity but I'm sure all the lines would do it.

Eileen

That's a great idea, luckily my kids are old enough to enjoy dinner with us although on our last DCL DS would go back to the cabin before dessert every night:confused: On the last night the room steward told me he would come talk to him and ask him for towel animals and just hang out while he turned down the beds and made the kids bed etc - guess that was bewtter than dessert:confused: :eek:

Seeing a family with young children in the dining room at lunch one day reminded me about the children's menu on last month's cruise on the Sun. I remembered someone mentioning the chocolate chip cookies. And since no other dessert appealed to me that day, I ordered them with vanilla ice cream.

We were on the Diamond Princess to Alaska last summer, and my five year old son discovered Fetuccini Alfredo about the third night - it's one of the "always available" items on the adult menu. From that time on, that's all he wanted to order. It's still his favorite food - now he wants to go to Olive Garden all the time!

My kids went on their first cruise (Caribbean Princess) when they were 4 and 8. After the first night, they realized they didn't have to order off the kids menu and there was no going back. They would order filet mignon and caesar salad for every dinner if I let them (but I tried to encourage some variety).

On their second cruise (to Alaska last August), our older daughter started to get more adventurous and tried different soups and appetizers. Most of them she didn't like, but it was a good opportunity for her to experiment.

For our upcoming cruise, she has already informed us that she doesn't want to participate in any of the kid's program dinners because "they're not gourmet -- they made me eat a hamburger!"

She has also asked if she's old enough to eat in the specialty restaurants. She was disappointed on the Infinity that she couldn't eat at the SS United States. Anybody know if there's a minimum age at Sterling Steakhouse or Sabatini's? I wouldn't take the younger kid but I'd consider taking the 10 year old, who is becoming a regular cruise addict.

--Junglejane

We plan on feeding the kids around 6PM, prior to going to the kids club- then we will eat later...

Can we order the above items for room service? Are any of these items on the buffet ( chicken tenders, hot dogs, etc? ). NCL had a nice area at the buffet set up just for kids...

great kids menu but my son will be very sad to not have pizza most nights. i'm surprised there isn't pizza on that menu. do you have to pay for it somewhere? or can he get it on the buffet?

I noticed in the 2007 cruise answer book (I downloaded it from the website), that on the Caribbean and Crown Princess ships pizza is served 6:30 PM to Midnight on the Lido deck. Also there are separate Pizzarias on the Sun Class ships and possibly on the Pacific and Tahitian as well. I don't know about the last two ships as I have never been on one of them. Per the Answer book all the of the Pizzerias are open for dinner 7:00 PM onward. No extra charge for Pizza :) .

Also I read on a "Live from the Golden" thread that the poster ordered a pizza in the dining room one evening as he did not want what was on the menu. Not sure if he ordered before dinner or during. BTW it was Tony (T&J).

• 6 years later...
  • 9 months later...
Thank you so much, I did ask this question under Cruise Foodies. We will have 5 children in our group under the age of 10. So I think they will have NO problem eating off of the menu. Thanks again!:D

Order just one volcano with 5 spoons or you might be up all night long with, mom please pass the bucket !. As the "love boat" is a thing of the past DW ordered a volcano. We nearly missed the theater show as she wasn't going to be beaten by the size of the "thing", but she was !:D

Edited by Ron the Rev

Which ship will you be on? Here's a really helpful guide: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/Dining_Options_2014.pdf

On the Princess ships we've been on, there's a poolside pizzeria, next to a grill (with hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches). Until our most recent cruise, when our picky eater decided to become more adventurous with her food, she was a happy camper with the pizza and hot dogs on board. Some parents will take their kids to the buffet (the Horizon) or the poolside venues, get them dinner and then take them to the kids' program. And then have dinner in the MDR themselves.

BTW, the pizzeria and grill are open from late morning to usually 11pm. The Horizon is open from early morning to about 11 pm. There's also the International Cafe, which isn't an enclosed eatery, but a set of display cases with light entrees, sandwiches, soups, salads, desserts. It's on most Princess ships now in the Piazza on Plaza deck. Definitely check it out (but no pizza there).