Anyone been on Costa Victoria recently?

B16SNE

Hi all, just trying to find out what the ship is like after its dry dock in December. We are booked on this on March 17 (santos to savona) but cant find any recent reviews. Would be interesting to know if the menus are the same as the Caribbean (Fortuna). Also what kind of mix of nationalities are we likely to find on a Transatlantic, bearing in mind leaving from Brazil on an Italian cruiseline??

Happy New Year

Steve

We were on Costa Victoria in October and I posted my review here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=646839

I would point out it is not a glowing review and probably our least enjoyed cruise, however alot of it was due to the awful cabin we had. I would also add that only yesterday I read a very positive review on a UK website by someone just off Costa Victoria.

If you have any questions I can help with feel free to ask.

I read somewhere that four costa liners had been in dry dock for various upgrades including furniture and tv's(?). Was a very short article but as you say, it looks like it was for minor upgrades. Sugarbabe - thanks for your link, sounds like you had an inside cabin which is what we have got but we never normally spend any time in the cabin apart from sleeping, so it shouldnt really bother us. I'm off to find the review you mentioned.....

I read somewhere that four costa liners had been in dry dock for various upgrades including furniture and tv's(?). Was a very short article but as you say, it looks like it was for minor upgrades. Sugarbabe - thanks for your link, sounds like you had an inside cabin which is what we have got but we never normally spend any time in the cabin apart from sleeping, so it shouldnt really bother us. I'm off to find the review you mentioned.....

Yes it was the standard inside cabin, so probably our own fault for booking an higher class, but this was supposed to be a "cheapie" week. We too normally don't bother re the cabin as you say it is only somewhere to sleep and get dressed, but this cabin was just awful. Not all inside cabins are like that as we booked an inside cabin for my mum which was cat 5 (ours was cat 2) and hers was much more spacious.

The review you will find on the website with the words "cruise co uk" ;)

Actually found some reviews today from British people who had travelled on the Victoria when it did the Med last season. The mix of reviews is amazing, one guy comparing it to Cunards QE2 and another one said 'if you enjoy the likes of P&O, THOMSON and Princess then Costa is not for you'.

Staggering, just goes to show, everyones opinion is more likely to be completely different to someone who was on the same cruise.

Steve

:mad: lol i took the same course:confused: :p , but i :) cant remember which ones which!:( :confused: only kidding, i'm gonna make the most of my cruise, got it at a bargain and guaranteed to be better food and accomodation then my recent mini cruise on P&O's Pride of Bilbao from Portsmouth to Spain!

Steve

From its 2008 brochure, I find both the formal restaurants offer very limited small dining tables for 4 persons or less. It seems "Sinfonia" has only one table for 2 at the far end.

How accurate are their floor plans?

I have sailed this journey on this ship and I must say that it was not the greatest of my Costa cruises the ship was almost all Brazilians and the food was certainly for the Brazilians and not Europeans losts of Black bean dises which I didnt like and had never heard of since There were only 6 English passengers on board and there were no excursions.

I also did this journey on the Classica again very few English speaking passengers These ships are used to bring Brazilians back and forth to Europe The food on this crossing was better and we enjoyed the journey

Archived