Next Cruise booking Fine Print?

pre4rep

Wanted to use future booking certificate 100 dollars deposit on a R.C.I. ship ,we were told it could not be applied because it was a happy hour booking .the only restrictions we could see on our certificate stated not applicable to Happy hour pricing Canadian citizens .no restrictions for U.S. on this issue.

Canadians can transfer their certs. but U S. citizens cannot. we explained this to Crown and Anchor but it fell on deaf ears? has anyone else read the fine print and been refused the future cruise credit? they are the ones who write the rules .

Wanted to use future booking certificate 100 dollars deposit on a R.C.I. ship ,we were told it could not be applied because it was a happy hour booking .the only restrictions we could see on our certificate stated not applicable to Happy hour pricing Canadian citizens .no restrictions for U.S. on this issue.

Canadians can transfer their certs. but U S. citizens cannot. we explained this to Crown and Anchor but it fell on deaf ears? has anyone else read the fine print and been refused the future cruise credit? they are the ones who write the rules .

It's probably the most common occurence - not being able to combine with a Happy Hour special.

I, for one won't use the "Next Cruise" program. We still book the old fashioned way. Our reservations are fully refundable before final payment and I can change the reservation to a different cruise if I want. With "Next Cruise" once you pick a cruise you can't change it.

I, for one won't use the "Next Cruise" program. We still book the old fashioned way. Our reservations are fully refundable before final payment and I can change the reservation to a different cruise if I want. With "Next Cruise" once you pick a cruise you can't change it.

Yes you can change it as long as you keep the same booking number. Did it for the TA I am doing when I changed my mind with the cruise I had booked with my "Next Cruise" option.

Yes you can change it as long as you keep the same booking number. Did it for the TA I am doing when I changed my mind with the cruise I had booked with my "Next Cruise" option.

Well then the loyalty ambassador who I spoke to must have given me incorrect information. He specifically stated it can't be changed.

Well then the loyalty ambassador who I spoke to must have given me incorrect information. He specifically stated it can't be changed.

My understanding was the reservation could be changed but you don't get money back or a credit if you have to cancel. I could be wrong.

I also have changed cruises from an onboard booking. I have even switched from Celebrity to RCI and RCI to Celebrity. All shipboard credits remain the same unless you lessen the days booked. Once we even got credit for a 10 day cruise when we switched to a seven.

Not a problem at all.

If you canceled it without switching to a new cruise then you lose the $100 and the option as it is non-refundable. But if you switched the sailing then you are fine.

Good old well-trained Loyalty Ambassadors. :rolleyes:

That's my biggest fear with the Next Cruise program - that you have trust the LA to get it correctly on board and hope you are given accurate information to be able to use it! Probably won't stop me but I won't just be buying a block of them either!

You can absolutely, positively can transfer a NextCruise booking from one itinerary to another itinerary. The only thing you lose is the $100 initial deposit if you never book a cruise. And I don't think you'd let that happen!:)

Don't ya know that only folks here on CC know what's going on within RCI!

That's my biggest fear with the Next Cruise program - that you have trust the LA to get it correctly on board and hope you are given accurate information to be able to use it! Probably won't stop me but I won't just be buying a block of them either!

Juliana, you don't even need to make an appointment with the LA if you are interested in doing a NextCruise booking. Stop by her/his desk early in your cruise, request the NextCruise booking form or forms if you are going to do more than one, fill in all the necessary information required, and hand them back ASAP. Make sure you specify if you want to keep the res with RCI or transfer it to your TA. The LA should send to your cabin an envelope containing a confirmation with a booking number on it. Go over it carefully once you receive it to make sure there are no errors.

And don't forget to ask for the Certificates for Friends..........in case you have family/friends that may want to book the same cruise as you and get the OBC.

Juliana, you don't even need to make an appointment with the LA if you are interested in doing a NextCruise booking. Stop by her/his desk early in your cruise, request the NextCruise booking form or forms if you are going to do more than one, fill in all the necessary information required, and hand them back ASAP. Make sure you specify if you want to keep the res with RCI or transfer it to your TA. The LA should send to your cabin an envelope containing a confirmation with a booking number on it. Go over it carefully once you receive it to make sure there are no errors.

And don't forget to ask for the Certificates for Friends..........in case you have family/friends that may want to book the same cruise as you and get the OBC.

Thanks - that's definitely what I'll do then - and at least I know I have a great source here if I do have questions!

Not to mention I think we've all learned to call back if the first person seems clueless! :D

Yes you can change it.

My understanding was the reservation could be changed but you don't get money back or a credit if you have to cancel. I could be wrong.

That is correct. If you change prior to the final payment date you can do that. If you cancel, you lose the $100 or $200.

Something else you may want to know about Next Cruise and it may have been posted already but I'll post it again.

On Dec 15 they changed the OBC for a Next Cruise for a 9 night booking from 200.00 OBC to now only 100.00 OBC. If you booked your Next Cruise for a sail date prior to 12/15/07 for a 9 night they will honor the 200.00 OBC but if you had not used them yet ( like me ) before 12/15 you will only get 100.00 instead of 200.00 OBC for 9 night. I've had my Next Cruises since June and Oct. waiting for 2009 June dates and others to be released to use them. Several people on the 12/2/07 Explorer cruise bought Next Cruises on that cruise and they were told by the LA they would get 200.00 OBC for a 9 night cruise only to come back home to find out it was reduced to 100.00 OBC. No warning, they simply changed the program. I called C & A myself to check and to also ask if the Next Cruises purchased before the 12/15 date would be reduced to now only 100.00 on a 9 night when dates are booked in future and yes, that is how it is now. So I won't buy anymore as who knows when they may suddenly reduce it or change it again? To receive 200.00 you must use Next Cruise for a 10 night and longer cruise. It is also now changed for onboard booking as well. To get 200.00 OBC by booking onboard now you must also book a 10 night or longer cruise. I do not think the way they did this was fair at all especially to those that booked right before the change took place and were still told by the LA they'd get the 200 OBC on a 9 night. :o

I'm looking at my Next Cruise certificate. It clearly states that if you cancel the cruise, you will lose the OBC. It says nothing about losing the deposit. Where did you get the information that you'll lose the deposit if you cancel? TIA! ~ LL

I'm looking at my Next Cruise certificate. It clearly states that if you cancel the cruise, you will lose the OBC. It says nothing about losing the deposit. Where did you get the information that you'll lose the deposit if you cancel? TIA! ~ LL

I just pulled out one of my certificates to find where it states it and it's in the middle part where it says payment deposit............"of 100.00 a person is due at time of booking and is non refundable. "

If you cancel a cruise that you booked using a Next Cruise you will lose your deposit amount that you put down at the time you bought the Next Cruise. It has always been non refundable. It also says it under terms and conditions # 10 if you cancel a next cruise you will get a refund minus your initial next cruise deposit.

Archived