Labadee or CocoCay?

Both islands are great! They have many of the same features as far as great beaches, bbq lunch, etc. If you are booking a cruise totally for the private island, I would choose Labadee. It seems that many ships miss Coco Cay because of the weather, but not so for Labadee. I would hate for you to miss the one port you want to see because they can't tender you there.

Yes.....they are both nice. I prefer Labadee because I like the mountains all around. Also it has a tram to take you around. My husband has trouble walking long distances and we prefer to get away from the crowds. We like to go to Hideaway Beach. On Coco Cay you have to do a lot of walking to get away from everybody.

Either one is gorgeous! They both offer about the same "amenities". I think the beach is better at Coco Cay, but I'm not a huge water person (I'll get wet if I get hot enough, but that's it!)--I never got in the water at all at Labadee, as there were great breezes and I never even broke a sweat--even in full sun!

Either one is gorgeous! They both offer about the same "amenities". I think the beach is better at Coco Cay, but I'm not a huge water person (I'll get wet if I get hot enough, but that's it!)--I never got in the water at all at Labadee, as there were great breezes and I never even broke a sweat--even in full sun!

Each island is a special treat in its own way. You have to be tendered in to each island. Labadee has beautiful picturesque mountains. Coco Cay is falt but tropical with palms, Australian pine trees and lovely soft beaches.

Labadee has a coarser sand. Labadee also has a zipline if you are interested in such activities.

As was said above, Coco Cay is a gamble. The weather is very changeable there. Storms can blow up out of nowhere and the ocean currents can become quite strong regardless of the weather. Once we got on the island, but had a challenging time getting back on the ship because the currents had changed so fast and the waves were really choppy and high.

I love both islands, each for their own reasons.

Each island is a special treat in its own way. You have to be tendered in to each island. Labadee has beautiful picturesque mountains. Coco Cay is falt but tropical with palms, Australian pine trees and lovely soft beaches.

Labadee has a coarser sand. Labadee also has a zipline if you are interested in such activities.

As was said above, Coco Cay is a gamble. The weather is very changeable there. Storms can blow up out of nowhere and the ocean currents can become quite strong regardless of the weather. Once we got on the island, but had a challenging time getting back on the ship because the currents had changed so fast and the waves were really choppy and high.

I love both islands, each for their own reasons.

Except, of course, that Labadee is not an island. ;)

I've always preferred CoCoCay over Labadee, done both many times. But prefer CoCoCay for following reasons:

1. I like to snorkel and CoCoCay wins hands down. Much, much more fish and undersea wildlife.

2. The jet ski adventure is much better in where they take you at CoCoCay. Get to go to acouple of other islands (no get on the island), one where it was an old drug dealer island where there we're abdoned houses, landing strip and wrecked DC-3. Actualy saw a story on it on TV the other night.

But, as other posts mentioned, if not into water that much. Labadee can accomodate more people for the beaches. Both are equal in relexation, food, local entertainment etc. Tram line is new at Labadee, haven't done it yet but will this coming May.

Both choices are personal preferences and both are very nice.

Have fun.

Dave

Archived