Carnival Website Makeover

gargoyle999

Either the carnival.com site is getting a facelift or I need to get some sleep. The pages seem to be changing appearace before my eyes! :eek:

You're right, they are getting a makeover. Not sure I like it as well as the old one though. :p Time will tell.

Luv's Crusin'

It looks like a work in progress. When I go to my reservation, there's an option called "Plan Activities" which says it lets you book shore excursions, register kids for Camp Carnival, and make a reservation in the supper club - but when I try it, all it brings up is Grand Cayman and tells me there are no available excursions. However, it looks like it will have some nice features when they get everything working.

Me either. Don't have a cruise booked, though.

If you don't mind my asking, what are you people talking about?

What changes?

You know. It really doesn't matter. As long as I can get into the site and browse for cruises and look at pics of the ship, I'm happy.

Either the carnival.com site is getting a facelift or I need to get some sleep. The pages seem to be changing appearace before my eyes! :eek:

Just looked it over and I like it!! As long as they still have my reservation AND my wraparound for my cruise in October, which they did, then I am happy!:D :D Looks like we will be able to make spa reservations too! It said it was "coming soon".

Remember on the old site that you could click on "Modify booking" and then you were able to view your cruise price and balance due, etc? Well, I can't find my info. I have been checking to see if some gift certs I sent in have been applied yet, and I cannot figure out where this info is located on the new site. Has anyone figured it out yet?

Also, on my reservations page, its showing NO on the past passenger. But when I do the funpass, it shows up as yes. Is anybody else getting this?

Thanks!

It looks like a work in progress. When I go to my reservation, there's an option called "Plan Activities" which says it lets you book shore excursions, register kids for Camp Carnival, and make a reservation in the supper club - but when I try it, all it brings up is Grand Cayman and tells me there are no available excursions. However, it looks like it will have some nice features when they get everything working.

This is the exact same thing that happened to me!! I thought I was going crazy!! :o

Also, on my reservations page, its showing NO on the past passenger. But when I do the funpass, it shows up as yes. Is anybody else getting this?

Thanks!

Yes - I called Carnival and they said that I am showing up as a past passenger in their system. They transfered me to another department to see how to fix on the website, but I had to hang up. Hopefully the kinks will be worked out soon.

Ours was also showing no on past guests and our shore excursion for San Juan that we have already booked and paid for wasn't showing. I called Carnival and they said hubby and I were both showing as past guests and then had to call shore excursions and they have us booked and paid for our San Juan Excursion. She said that it's when they updated the website it knocked out info. so we couldn't see it. I'm hoping they will work out all the kinks in the website soon and have everything where we can see it. Otherwise, I like the new look.

Yeah i was able to find where it says past guest as well.. it says no yet this will be my 3rd carnival cruise.. and they have my past guest number and cruise history.. wondering once they get the site fully functioning all this stuff will be working.. plus like others no excursions show up as well. :eek:

I'm glad they are updating the website. I wish they'd do it with the whole site. I always felt that their site wasn't as user friendly as some of the other lines sites. Plus, it would be great to be able to make supper club reservations and stuff ahead of time. They've had issues with their excursions being up there even before they started this makeover cause I've been ready to book excursions for weeks and it's funny because on our May cruise, it doesn't show anything for Tortola and only 1 excursion for St. Thomas. I've emailed them twice to see when they were going to have all the excursions up and ready to book but I haven't heard from them so I'm just waiting. I agree with the person that said they aren't sure if they like the looks of it or not but hey, if it works, that's all I care about!

Yes they are in the process of updating the site. There is a Carnival site message board where a few employees visit and ask suggestions http://www.carnivalconnections.com/cruisetalk/default.aspx I hope the link isn't removed from here.

JoAnn

OH NO! I can barely keep up with just the main Carnival forum on CC it's so busy. Might have to quit my job to stay home and read all the posts on these websites! :D

We already booked our excursions, but now I can't find them posted anywhere under My Reservation. Has anyone else booked excursions already and found where they might still be posted?? I sure hope they didn't get deleted somehow.

Don't sweat it. I looked at my eDocs and the excursions still show. They probably are trying to get all the bugs ironed out before they load all the data on the backend. Actually a wise thing to do so that they DON'T lose or corrupt any of your stuff! :D

Archived