Easiest Way to Make Reservations for Alternate Dining

jpm1919

For those of you with experience in making reservations for alternate dining, I'm wondering what's the easiest way to make a reservation?

Can you make advance reservations for the entire cruise? If yes, how easy is it to call and make reservations the first day of the cruise for future nights? I have read mixed reviews. Does Lotus accept reservations, or does it operate on a first-come first-served basis?

Also, at what time does the King's Court turn into the 4 dining venues?

I'd like to experience Tood Engish and Chef's Galley. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

JPM

when you get onboard, run to Todd English, and make a reservation. They say only one reservation per cabin for the week. When I dined there it was on a Wednesday night at 9 pm. During that time, the restaurant was not full at all. But they said Todd English was booked for the week. If I you can't snag a reservation. Go to the restaurant and see if you can get in. All those tables that were empty, I don't know why they wouldn't?

J.P.

To make dinner reservations for the King's Court restaurants, you need to call from your cabin. There's a button with a direct line to there on your phone.

And JPEvans is correct about Todd English. To get the reservation you want, your best bet is to go directly to the restaurant as soon as you get onboard. We boarded early (12pm) and by 12:30, there was a line through the TE lobby to down the hall and their phone was ringing off the hook. When we finally got to the front of the line, we asked about phone reservations and the hostess told us they won't take any reservations over the phone until there's no one left in line...

We found that making reservations for Lotus couldn't be easier.

We were discussing making a booking with another couple at our table when our assistant maitre 'd overheard us and offered to arrange it. There should have been a third couple at the table but they were absent at the time and we didn't want to leave them out. The assistant maitre 'd couldn't give us their cabin no. but offered to contact them with our suggestion and make the reservation for the six of us. We all got a call later to confirm the details.

Full marks for perfect service. Well done Odette.

We boarded at apx 12:00..went to our cabin and then on to Todd English. There was a small line and we had no problem making dinner reservations for 2 nights. As it turned out we cancelled one evening. Dinner at Todd English was excellent. There did not seem to be any problem getting a reservation in a Kings Court Restaurant.

After you make your Todd English reservation head to Canyon Ranch. We split up and my husband went to Todd and I went to Canyon Ranch. Again, we had no problem getting any reservatons.

After you make your Todd English reservation head to Canyon Ranch. We split up and my husband went to Todd and I went to Canyon Ranch. Again, we had no problem getting any reservatons.

Good suggestion, Juneann. We didn't split up per se, but after we booked Todd English, we headed directly over to Canyon Ranch to take a tour of their facilities. All three of us were able to make our various spa appointments at the end of the tour. Lots of appointments had already been booked at that point (by about 2 pm or so), so it's probably not a bad idea to split up the duties as you did and cover each place simultaneously. We considered ourselves very lucky to have gotten every appointment we wanted.

Also, we did ask a maitre'd about making a King's Court dinner reservation for us and was told we needed to call ourselves directly. Guess he wasn't feeling too helpful that day... It was no trouble to make the call and we received our confirmation in our cabin later that night. We didn't think too much of it at the time since it was so easy to do, but in retrospect, that's probably the *only* instance of unwillingness to serve that we observed during the entire trip. Everyone else we encountered bent over backwards and went totally out of their way to be extremely helpful and accomodating. To the point of total pampering. It was absolutely heavenly!

Enjoy your trip!

KK

Archived