Posts moved to where and why?

horseymike

This Cruise Blogs & Websites Forum is for members to share their personal travelogue-style cruise-related blog site or web site address with others. Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership, any off topic threads are moved if possible to a more correct forum where they will be on topic. If I am the host that moves your thread, the redirect information will appear on this forum for 1 week after the thread is moved. The redirect will then disappear.

Just click the underlined thread title next to the word Moved. It is a link to take you to the thread's new and more correct location. Once in the new location, look toward the top of the page where it will give you the new forum name.

If you are trying to reach other Cruise Critic members sailing with you before your cruise, read the Sticky titled What is a ROLL CALL and how do I find mine? at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44773. The Sticky will tell you about our Roll Calls and how to locate the Roll Call thread for your cruise. Remember, you must be logged in with your user name and password to be able to view or post in any of the Roll Call areas. Roll Calls are for logged in members only.

If you want to post a share request for shore excursions/tours, transportation, etc., a portion of the Sticky states the following:

Please note, the Cruise Critic Guidelines do not allow personal ads of any kind in posts. This would include personal ads looking to share shore excursions/tours, transportation, etc. Posts of this nature are removed from all forums... with one exception. If you are sailing on a specific ship and departure date, you may post your share request on the Roll Call thread for your cruise. You are targeting the specific group of people who would be most inclined to share since they are already sailing with you. Please remember, do not start a new Roll Call thread with your share request. Use your existing Roll Call thread to post your share request.

Your Roll Call thread for your ship and sail date is the ONLY place on Cruise Critic where you and your fellow Roll Call members may post personal ads about sharing tours, excursions, transportation etc. with each other. Your Roll Call thread has a "captive audience" since everyone is sailing together! 05.gif

082502btw_prv.gif, any post or thread off-topic for this forum or any other Cruise Critic forum will be removed. Especially if it violates any of the Cruise Critic Guidelines or the above rules for this forum. If you post a site address that is not your personal travelogue-style cruise-related blog site or web site address, it will be removed. This includes any commercial sites too.

Cruise Critic reserves the right to remove any content from our message boards. All decisions are final.

Please refer to the Removal of Posts section in our Guidelines for information regarding reasons for post removals. We're sorry but we no longer offer email assistance with regard to posting removals.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful to all!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

• 1 month later...
... Just click the underlined thread title next to the word Moved. It is a link to take you to the thread's new and more correct location. Once in the new location' date=' look toward the top of the page where it will give you the new forum name...[/quote']

I tried the above, but it didn't work. :( When I clicked it just took me to the original thread.

I tried the above, but it didn't work. :( When I clicked it just took me to the original thread.

Which thread title? Did you look up to the top of the page to see the new forum name?

Kat 020105_emYA15_prv.gif

Which thread title? Did you look up to the top of the page to see the new forum name?

Kat 020105_emYA15_prv.gif

The thread title was "Why do you Cruise." At the top of the page it said Floataway Lounge, is that where it is? I can't seem to find where that thread is. :( Can you help?

The thread title was "Why do you Cruise." At the top of the page it said Floataway Lounge, is that where it is? I can't seem to find where that thread is. :( Can you help?

Yes, Floataway Lounge is the name of the new forum for the thread's new location.

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all the Cruise Critic sections and forums on our message board. Scroll down toward the bottom. Floataway Lounge is in the Fun Stuff section. Fun Stuff is chatty talk about anything at all. We may also move a thread to our Floataway Lounge that has veered off the original topic.

You might want to read the Getting Started section in FAQ. You will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. It also gives a brief summary of the topics covered in some of the forum sections. Please note, in the newer FAQ sections added with the last system update, you will find references to certain options or features not in use at this time.

082502btw_prv.gif, any member posts made on or moved to the Floataway Lounge forum do not add to the post count in the upper right corner of their posts.

Hope this additional information will be helpful!

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

Thanks Kat for the helpful information! Now I know where to go, looks like a fun site. :)

You are most welcome!

Glad to be of service,

Kat 050103cat_prv.gif

Archived