What is Quest?

rxtimbo

I don't know if you will get many answers because I think part of the appeal is the secrecy. I have not gone, from what I understand after reading numerous posts is that it is some kind of audience participation game show.

I may be completely wrong because I have never seen it, I'm also curious, and plan on going on my upcoming cruise as every comment indicates it is a lot of fun and not to be missed.

It's definitely offered on NCL.

Auntie, I see that your football guys and my football guys sguare off next weekend. I know that it will be the end of the season for my guys, but I'm looking forward to it anyway.

Jana

I don't know if you will get many answers because I think part of the appeal is the secrecy. I have not gone, from what I understand after reading numerous posts is that it is some kind of audience participation game show.

I may be completely wrong because I have never seen it, I'm also curious, and plan on going on my upcoming cruise as every comment indicates it is a lot of fun and not to be missed.

I think you might be thinking of "Fountains," available on certain ships. And yes, it has to be a secret, but it's the funniest thing I have ever seen on a cruise.

Jana

Both the Quest and fountains are on most NCL ships.

Without giving away any important info, Quest is an adult, audience participation game. We have seem it three times on NCL ships and have laughed harder each time. You can participate to what ever level you want, or just watch. Go, watch, participate, enjoy.

fountains is a show put on by the Cruise directors staff, also very funny, another do not miss event. Pictures are allowed.

Anyone sailing NCL go to both and check them out for yourselfs.

Just got off the Dawn and we went to Quest and laughed our butt's off and also participated. You can't miss this show! No one under 18...so if you got kids make sure they do not go :).

Quest is the best entertainment on board that I have ever been to. My mother participated along with us and it is still the most talked about story my family has on cruises....Don't miss it if you can.

It's an adult scavenger hunt but I think it's a Royal Caribbean thing not offered on Norwegian?

Matt Baker used to work for RCCL as cruise director. He brought the Quest with him to NCL and now it's all the rage on NCL too.

It is an adult's only game show. I've seen the Quest several times on RCCL and NCL. IMHO, Matt Baker hosted the best Quest and I've seen him do it twice.

DO NOT MISS IT!!!

It's an adult scavenger hunt but I think it's a Royal Caribbean thing not offered on Norwegian?

Like others have mentioned Quest is now played on (at least) some of the NCL ships. My understanding is that a couple years ago, NCL hired some CD staff away from RCCL and they brought Quest with them.

Like others have mentioned Quest is now played on (at least) some of the NCL ships. My understanding is that a couple years ago, NCL hired some CD staff away from RCCL and they brought Quest with them.

That would be Matt Baker. I just mentioned him a couple of posts ago. He told me himself that he brought Quest with him from RCCL.

It is basically a contest between teams (I don’t remember if there is a limit in the amount of teams or how many per team), it’s a scavenger hunt but it's all done in the same room, so no going all around the ship or anything & your team gets points for having the item/ creativity (sometimes)…. It’s more fun if you participate than watch.

I am glad NCL has the Quest too... my husband and I watched (and helped the team nearest us a few times) on our last RCCL cruise and it was hysterical! I hope the Pride of America willl have it in May!

Just got off the Dawn and we went to Quest and laughed our butt's off and also participated. You can't miss this show! No one under 18...so if you got kids make sure they do not go :).

I think the only way I would participate would be if I was drunk. But then I would be too drunk to remember being in it. LOL. I give you a lot of credit. Even the writers strike can't effect this show. They couldn't write this anyway.

That would be Matt Baker. I just mentioned him a couple of posts ago. He told me himself that he brought Quest with him from RCCL.

Oops-sorry I missed that post or I wouldn't have duplicated what you said. I owe Matt my thanks!

Oh, my group participated.

All I know is, I'm a lot closer to my friend Karen than I ever intended on being. :eek:

I talked my friend Bill who I met on our last cruise into going his wife to see the Quest show. I'll never forget what he said after. "It used to take me 3 dates and $100 to get a girl to do those things".

Matt Baker used to work for RCCL as cruise director. He brought the Quest with him to NCL and now it's all the rage on NCL too.

It is an adult's only game show. I've seen the Quest several times on RCCL and NCL. IMHO, Matt Baker hosted the best Quest and I've seen him do it twice.

DO NOT MISS IT!!!

Is/Are Quest/Fountains the same thing?

Is the time and place is listed in the dailies?

And why is it/they considered secret?

I talked my friend Bill who I met on our last cruise into going his wife to see the Quest show. I'll never forget what he said after. "It used to take me 3 dates and $100 to get a girl to do those things".

ROTFL-isn't it amazing what we'll do with hopes of winning those cheap cruise line prizes!

Is/Are Quest/Fountains the same thing?

Is the time and place is listed in the dailies?

And why is it/they considered secret?

1) No Quest and Fountains are completely different

2) Yes, time & place will be in the dailies

3) Some people figure that if you know anything in advance it won't be as much fun so they say it's a secret (they may be right-to me that's a matter of opinion) BTW-I've found clips of both on youtube-but no two times are these events exactly the same so it's good to go to them several times. But if you're easily offended, (by risqué unusual -some might say frat house - behavior) it's probably not a good idea to go to Quest. If you want to see the clips just do a google search

Archived