Bungalows princess cays

JDBD

On the Coral in December, no food service was included for the $200 bungalow package, and we had to ask for priority tender passes.

In our stateroom upon boarding was an information sheet that included the following as alternative choices (we had pre-reserved a bungalow online):

Princess Cays Private Bungalow Package $199

(Facility for 6 Adults)

Includes:

Priority Tender Pass from the ship to the shore

Exclusive use of an air-conditioned bungalow with sun loungers

Dedicated and attentive service staff

Reserved beach loungers with beach towels provided

Princess Cays Exclusive VIP Package $295 per couple--$48 per person extra, children under 12 free

Same as above, plus:

Complimentary Signature Island Collection cocktail (alcoholic/virgin)

Unlimited non-carbonated bottled water

Served gourmet picnic luncheon:

Italian-style antipasti

Lobster and mango salad

Artisan cheese board with tropical fruits and fig bread

Selections from the regular island BBQ

A selection of hand-made pastries

Also available for delivery at an additional cost were wine, champagne, and chocolate-covered strawberries.

Since the VIP package would have been nearly $400 for the 4 of us (and we certainly had no interest in more food!), we stuck with the basic one. We did like the bungalow a lot, BTW.

As you can see, no food was included or offered with the basic package. While we were there we saw no food at all being delivered to the bungalows--just the usual drink waiters.

Les

I think it's dirty pool of Princess to change the rules after we booked. We chose a bungalow so that my husband and mother (who don't walk well and need regular chairs instead of loungers) could enjoy some time on Princess Cays with the rest of the group instead of being excluded due to their disabilities. There is no way that they could walk back and forth to the buffet line and the waiter for the bungalow would have saved me and my daughter from spending our last day fetching and carrying. I am NOT amused.

I think it's dirty pool of Princess to change the rules after we booked.

I am NOT amused.

Dirty pool indeed!!!

On the Coral in December, no food service was included for the $200 bungalow package, and we had to ask for priority tender passes.

In our stateroom upon boarding was an information sheet that included the following as alternative choices (we had pre-reserved a bungalow online):

Princess Cays Private Bungalow Package $199

(Facility for 6 Adults)

Includes:

Priority Tender Pass from the ship to the shore

Exclusive use of an air-conditioned bungalow with sun loungers

Dedicated and attentive service staff

Reserved beach loungers with beach towels provided

Princess Cays Exclusive VIP Package $295 per couple--$48 per person extra, children under 12 free

Same as above, plus:

Complimentary Signature Island Collection cocktail (alcoholic/virgin)

Unlimited non-carbonated bottled water

Served gourmet picnic luncheon:

Italian-style antipasti

Lobster and mango salad

Artisan cheese board with tropical fruits and fig bread

Selections from the regular island BBQ

A selection of hand-made pastries

Also available for delivery at an additional cost were wine, champagne, and chocolate-covered strawberries.

Since the VIP package would have been nearly $400 for the 4 of us (and we certainly had no interest in more food!), we stuck with the basic one. We did like the bungalow a lot, BTW.

As you can see, no food was included or offered with the basic package. While we were there we saw no food at all being delivered to the bungalows--just the usual drink waiters.

Les

Les,

We were at PC the day after you, and I can say, without question or hesitation, that we received everything (except the "Complimentary Signature Island Collection cocktail") for the $199 price.

It seems that maybe the bungalows are in such high demand that Princess might be testing another revenue-builder on some of the ships, to see what the reaction will be?

I think it will be interesting to see what the next few weeks/months will bring about...

I am NOT amused, either!!!

I saw on another post that a large group has all the bungalows reserved on their cruise. They plan to wait until on board and if they do not get what was shown when they booked they plan to cancel all reservations for the bungalows. Maybe this will wake up Princess. Only thing is this is not going to happen until after our trip. :mad: :mad:

WE are also on the Feb14th Emerald cruise but we do not have a Bungalow reserved . We thought about it but decided against. After reading all the posts it seems there is nothing definate about the extra perks. Seems its different from cruise to cruise. Maybe princess has changed the rules but neglected to inform some of the wait staff . Maybe the Wait staff simply want to make the experience enjoyable for the guest. If I was to pay that price I would want to be sure before getting the bungalow

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone please let me know the real deal with this whole bungalow mess? I have reserved one for me and my girl's family (5). Her parents are not disabled but have a hard time walking far.

Anyone been there in Feb 2008? I am booked for 10 day March 25, 2008 on Emerald.

Drinks?

Meals?

Towels?

Chairs?

Golf Cart?

Bathrooms?

etc?

Can someone please let me know the real deal with this whole bungalow mess? I have reserved one for me and my girl's family (5). Her parents are not disabled but have a hard time walking far.

Anyone been there in Feb 2008? I am booked for 10 day March 25, 2008 on Emerald.

Drinks?

Meals?

Towels?

Chairs?

Golf Cart?

Bathrooms?

etc?

Everything seems to be fine according to replies in other posts.

jdm

Oh well--it sounds like Princess tested the no food service included concept on our Coral cruise but then backed off.

Not that it was any big deal--the BBQ isn't very far away from the bungalows (especially the new ones).;)

Les

Oh well--it sounds like Princess tested the no food service included concept on our Coral cruise but then backed off.

Not that it was any big deal--the BBQ isn't very far away from the bungalows (especially the new ones).;)

Les

Where are the new ones located? Are there restrooms closer to the new ones than there are to the old six? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Bungalows are just fine and dandy and I'm glad I didn't cancel but almost everyone else in the group did, it seemed. Had a priority tender ticket for the group in the envelope of excursion tickets but since we waited until 10:30 to go ashore, we really didn't need them. They took us by golf cart to the "wee air-conditioned housie" and offered to take my husband to the washroom via cart as well but that wasn't necessary, GlockMan9c. It's a perfect setup for the handicapped or those who don't walk well. There were about three beach towels for every person already there so you don't need to take yours off the ship. The round table was set for 6 and the steward assigned to us brought some of everything from the buffet at noon and went back for seconds on dessert, LOL. He also fetched drinks and ice water (with lemon yet!) on a regular basis. The 6 new bungalows are in a staggered line with the existing ones. There were 6 lounge chairs plus 6 regular chairs (good for those who can't sit on the loungers) and a shower on the outside corner of the building to rinse the salt off with.

The only downside is that the beach area is really rocky - great for snorkelling as there are lots of fish and fine if you're just going to sit in the sand and have the waves wash over you but if you're going to have kids playing in the waves, you have to go down the beach just a bit to the pier/lookout area to swim. All in all, a great experience and we would do it again in a minute.

We had a bungalow last week, which was lovely.

Except that Princess didn't cater any food to Princess Cays because of the swells. There was bar service only on the island.

We were told on Princess Cays that the cost of the bungalow would be refunded, but that we could still use the bungalow for the day.

Imagine our surprise to see that from our $199 price we were credited $30. $7.50 a person. Could it really be that Princess only values the waiter service and food at $7.50?

I haven't had a chance to write to Princess, but I will update this thread as the situation unfolds. I'm curious to know if anyone else had a was on last week's Grand Princess sailing (Feb. 16, 2008) and also had a bungalow on Princess Cays.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in feeling that we should receive more than $30 back, but am certainly interested in the opinions of others.

We thought about getting one of the bungalows but got on the first tender to the island and had first pick of the loungers. There were plenty of trees and such so we were able to get a couple of loungers under the trees and it didn't cost us anything. We were snorkeling for a while but enjoyed the loungers in and out of the sun. You could always take a chance and get there early and there should be plenty of room.

Mrq202

Grand Princess, Western Caribbean, 2/16/08

We were on princess cays last week on the Emerald Princess . and what a beautiful spot . We did not have a Bungalow but did have plenty of lounge chairs shaded and not to choose from . I cannot imagine Princess just giving a $7.50 PP credit . The swells were too big for food but they managed Liquor ??????? I would surley write to head office about that one .

Were they afraid the Hot dogs and Burgers were going to get sea sick?

We were on princess cays last week on the Emerald Princess . and what a beautiful spot . We did not have a Bungalow but did have plenty of lounge chairs shaded and not to choose from . I cannot imagine Princess just giving a $7.50 PP credit . The swells were too big for food but they managed Liquor ??????? I would surley write to head office about that one .

Hi I came across this thread as I was curious. I have been to Princess Caays twice and I did not even know you could rent a bungalow. Now let me see if I have this right. You can hire a bungalow for a week or is it just for the time you are off the ship. Totally confused cruiser lol.

Cat

Hi I came across this thread as I was curious. I have been to Princess Caays twice and I did not even know you could rent a bungalow. Now let me see if I have this right. You can hire a bungalow for a week or is it just for the time you are off the ship. Totally confused cruiser lol.

Cat

The beach Bungalows can be rented for the day you are at Princess Cays .

They are air conditioned have their own loungers ,and can accomodate up to six. When you rent a bungalow you have food and beverage service .

The beach Bungalows can be rented for the day you are at Princess Cays .

They are air conditioned have their own loungers ,and can accomodate up to six. When you rent a bungalow you have food and beverage service .

thanks frannie, it was just confusing when they talked about towels and service, i thought people were staying there for a few days and wondered how they were going to get back on ship. lol, i am just a dumb blonde lol

CAT

Yes Kathy, you book it as if it were a normal excursion. It is best when shared amongst 6 ($200 divided by 6 is reasonable). Floats and other gear are extra and booked separately in the same manner. The bungalows are great for the elderly and handicapped to sit and enjoy the fresh air (or air conditioning as the case may be). The cabanas are just blue nylon shelters over top of a regular lounge chair.

Gee, I'm Kerry and my friend is Yvonne, so sounds like we could have a really confusing time if we ever got our friends all together, LOL!

Your excursions are available after you make your final payment, about 100 days from sailing. Once you are about 120 days out, check your cruise personalizer on a daily basis as they sometimes open up earlier.

Indeed - full bar service was available.

We just returned from a Caribe cruise and Princess Cays on feb 23rd. We rented the bungalow (one of now 10 units)and it was great. Semi-private beach area, personal server, and now Princess offers a VIP meal package that is delivered to the bungalow. It is aboudt $50 PP extra, but well worth the money. The bungalows are air conditioned and equipped with a private shower. The beach is good for snorkelling, but reef shoes are recommended. The area is to the north (left) of the lagoon, where the public area with cabanas is to teh south (right).

Archived