too short?

badger71

we have a qustion about bike ride in san juan. the excursion desription says minimum height of 5'2" jeanne is about 5'1' in sneakers. we would like to take this trip but do not know how serious the ht. requirement is. your experiences please.:)

First to answer your question...I don't think there are many tour companies who would turn down your money because you don't reach the height requirement unless it was a safety factor. However, I am 4'10" and we did the following bike tour in San Juan. I attached our experience which we posted upon our return. Hopefully, it has improved in two years.

January 23rd, 2006, 10:51 AM

rpbcouple user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_5613466", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon1.gifWorse tour-Coastal Bike Eco-Tour

We were on the NCL Jewel last week and pre-booked this tour. We always choose adventure tours i.e., snorkeling, ATVs, kayak, etc. This was rated a Level 3 by NCL so we thought it would be a good way to get a little excercise and fresh air. NOT! There were about 20 of us. We were taken by bus to the site where we would get our bicycles and start our journey. Upon arrival, it was noted that approximately 75% of the bikes needed air in the tires. Ok, well I guess someone forgot to check before we arrived. Twenty minutes later we start our journey(?). We were then told our journey will entail 1 1/2 miles of bike riding with two rest stops in between. We were lead on a leisurely bike ride along a sidewalk/wooden road with the promised rest stops. After a grueling;) 1 1/2 miles we stopped at the beach. We stood around (they recommended no one go in the water as it was very rough). We were given bottles of water and a six pack of cookies. After taking pictures of each other for a little while, we started the grueling trip back. We didn't see any iguanas, birds, tropical plants, etc as described. (However, we did see a dead rat laying squished on the sidewalk) There were no stories told, no history, nothing. They did say there were no iguanas because of the recent rain in the marsh areas (?). We were then put on the bus for the ride back to port. On the bus ride back we agreed on how they determine the level of activity. Level 1-comatose Level 2-wheelchair bound Level 3-Able to pedal a bicycle:) You may want to consider a different tour.

Archived