Gordan or Lawerence please advice

scottie86

We took a tour with Gordon last week and could not have been more pleased. In addition to the cooler with refreshments he stops at the local market first to buy whatever fruits we want to try. He is fun, chatty, personable and gives a great tour. He does his level best to give the best tour he can. I highly recommend him.

tourinfo@tourguidegordon.com

We just returned from a cruise on Carnival Triumph which made a stop in Antigua. I was traveling with my family, which included 6 seniors, two of which had walking limitations and needed wheelchair assistance. I contacted Lawrence of Antigua via e-mail ahead of time and worked out all the details. I asked him a million questions prior to going, and he was always nice and prompt with his responses. When we arrived in Antigua, he was waiting for us at the cruise port with a clearly labeled sign with my name on it (very easy to find) Lawrence himself gave us the tour and our group of 8 were taken by private bus (air-conditioned and appeared brand new) all over the island. I cannot speak enough to how well Lawrence treated the seniors in our group! He paid special attention to my 75 year old grandmother and has even e-mailed her since we arrived home to make sure she had a good time. It was her first cruise, and she says that the tour of Antigua was her favorite part! Lawrence was very knowledgable about the island and answered any and all questions we had. The tour included many sights with Devil's Bridge, Shirley Heights, Nelson's Dockyard, and Betty's Hope to name a few. We also drove through the rainforest on our way back to the ship. Lawrence provided complimentary drinks for us during our trip which was a nice touch. We were taken back to the ship in plenty of time and were never asked to pay for the tour until we were back at the ship. Lawrence did an excellent job for us and was by far the best tour of our trip. I had read the reviews here on his tours and was naturally wary as I am sure many of you are. I found Lawrence of Antigua to be a wonderful addition to our vacation and would highly recommend him for your tour, particularly if you are traveling with seniors. Happy sailing!

I have never been to Antigua however sent "gordon" and email this morning within a couple hours he was back to me!! Yes, he is reliable that way. Lawrence was our first choice( I contacted him about 6 mos. before arrival) but he did not respond to two f/u emails so I secured our trip with Gordon and emailed Lawrence to inform him of this. Then Lawrence actually met us with a copy of my original email in hand from 6 mos. ago. I must say he was hassling us a bit about this and did not listen when I told him about not responding to my subsequent emails. Finally I just had to walk away. I know many like Lawrence but for us he wasn't nice at all. Sorry, JM2C.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks larry-I intend to book with Gordon the minute i can decide which beach we want.lol

:D

ourinfo@tourguidegordon.com

I don't think he has a website but this is his contact info. There are no worries with him. We were very happy. If you use him tell him Larry says hello and tell him to keep them in the fairway. :D Gordon and I are both golfers. :)

Good! He is a tall, friendly and extroved guy. The first stop on his tour is the local market to get whatever fresh fruit his guests want. He is a really cool guys. If you remember tell him Larry wants to know how his golf game is going. LOL! :D :D

We were on the Destiny the 1st week in June. Booked a tour with Gordon online about 2 months in advance. He was very prompt in replying. $40.00 p/p plus $5.00 for Nelsons Dockyard. He met us on time. We were with 3 lovely ladies(hey Dana, Laura and Suzanne). Because we were a small group we went everywhere. We had an AWESOME time. We went to Devil's Bridge, the local market, saw Eric Claptons rehab center and home (from a distance), Nelsons Dockyard and Turners Beach (very quiet).

He is so personable, charming and very knowledgable! Do not hesitate in booking with him. We highly recommend him!!!!!!! You will not be disappointed. This was the very best island tour we've done because of Gordon. Book online, don't pay high ship prices!!!

Happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

we were feeling much the same way about choosing between the two, finally chose Gordon and had a great time, lots of info on the island and culture, money was well worth it.

Barney

can you tell me about the beach????Chairs-cost?

Rocky or soft sand?

We just got back from our cruise and chose Lawrence of Antigua for our tour guide. He is super nice and knowledgeable about the island. We went to Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights and many other places. We also stopped at Turner's Beach for however much time we wanted to stay. You can also elect to not go to the beach for $10 cheaper. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone.

Hi raven's mom,

The hardest part of planning my excursions is the beaches and where to get good food.I have picked turner's Beach so i glad you liked it.i want quiet and safe.Where there vendors bugging you?

I picked gordon/carl because they have answered all my questions-and there can be alot.

It is going to be more than 3 hours!Which is what lawrence quoted.

In fact i told Gordon it was going to be my birthday in Antigua and we would pay extra for extra time on the beach and he told us not to worry about it.He wants me to enjoy my birthday and not worry about the money-this man is getting a wonderful Tip!

He seems to me like a friend after our emails.

That impresses me.

Nancy

We were on the Destiny the 1st week in June. Booked a tour with Gordon online about 2 months in advance. He was very prompt in replying. $40.00 p/p plus $5.00 for Nelsons Dockyard. He met us on time. We were with 3 lovely ladies(hey Dana, Laura and Suzanne). Because we were a small group we went everywhere. We had an AWESOME time. We went to Devil's Bridge, the local market, saw Eric Claptons rehab center and home (from a distance), Nelsons Dockyard and Turners Beach (very quiet).

He is so personable, charming and very knowledgable! Do not hesitate in booking with him. We highly recommend him!!!!!!! You will not be disappointed. This was the very best island tour we've done because of Gordon. Book online, don't pay high ship prices!!!

Happy cruising!

Shonandsuzie,

I have contact email for Gordon. I have been in contact with him today. Try these:

tourguidegordon@gmail.com

ginchwadadli@yahoo.com

He is also having

trouble when replying to email address from the United Kingdom (UK).

They might have to use an email address that doesn't have an ending

with .uk

Shonandsuzie,

I have contact email for Gordon. I have been in contact with him today. Try these:

ginchwadadli@yahoo.com

He is also having

with .uk

Thank you.

He must read these boards too because I got an email from him today. :)

isn't Gordon and carl-antigua tours?

This is the address i have---antiguapremiertours@gmail.com

I have no problem getting emails.

Shonandsuzie,

ginchwadadli@yahoo.com

He is also having

with .uk

We were in Antigua Oct 2007, and this has to be the worst tour ever! Lawrence of Antigua is the worst tour I have ever been on!!!

We were a Cruise Critic group of 55+ people, and we asked him how many he could accommodate. He told us to keep the list going, he could handle everyone who wanted to take the tour with him. Boy was this a wrong statement! He had a larger bus, a small bus, and a mini van ... this was not enough seats. He was putting older people on jump seats, and had everyone crammed in, and air condiationing was very poor! We put up with it until Nelson's Dock Yard, but refused to get back in after that. He went and found someone in Nelson's Dock Yard with a run down van, plywood doors, and duck tape holding it together, to follow the tour the rest of the way. We did not get to see half of what was promised. It was horrible!!!!

I would never book with him again! He over fills his vehicles, and makes a very unenjoyable tour! We could of hired some drivers at the pier for half the price, and had a much nicer experience.

I will be back to Antigua in Jan 2009, and believe me I will not be booking again with " Lawrence of Antigua". :mad:

I will have a group of 45+ people this time, and we will be trying Gordon.

Either book with someone other then Lawrence of Antigua or hire a taxi at the pier, you will be glad you did!

We had an excellent tour with Lawrence. The three of us had an entire van which was clean and air-conditioned. Lawrence was very courteous and especially attentive to our friend who has some medical issues. At each stop, he was careful to inform us of everything that was available (audio-visual presentations, guided tours). At stop where there was no tour, he accompanied us himself and guided us around. We were never rushed and we decided how long our beach stop would be. He came back to pick us up exactly at the agreed upon time.

CSAEROACH, How are you?? Never forget that tour huh?? I saw you were going back In Jan. So am I. Doesn't look like we are on the same cruise though. How are you guys?

Heather!

So nice to see you on here again! Yes we are back in the Caribbean Jan 2009. We will be in Antigua on Jan 9th. What day are you guys in? What other ports will you be doing? Maybe we will be in port again together sometime?

We are doing Alaska Sept 13th. Can not wait, but I hear the weather has been horrible this year.

Then we are going 10 day deep caribbean on MSC Lirica Jan 3-13th. We will have the two girls with us on this cruise. Pricing was to good to pass up.

Then thinking on booking the Caribbean Princess again for Oct 2009. It is a 8 day doing Bermuda. I got really good pricing for this cruise.

Keep in touch, was nice to see your post.

My email address is csaeroach@gmail.com

We were in NY in May. We did the NCL Spirit, then toured NYC for a few days after. Time Square is amazing. I can not wait to go back!

• 3 weeks later...

We had booked with Gordon...he showed up at the meeting place but gave us Abe instead. He was fine and the tour was good, but we were supposed to have a cooler full of beer, water. soda, etc. plus free snacks. Well, we had to ask him to stop and get us water (which he did) and he stopped along the way to get a plate of freshly cut fruit from some lady, but that was it. Now of course it didn't ruin my tour, but they shouldn't advertise all of that complimentary stuff if they're not going to give it! :rolleyes:

We had booked with Gordon...he showed up at the meeting place but gave us Abe instead. He was fine and the tour was good, but we were supposed to have a cooler full of beer, water. soda, etc. plus free snacks. Well, we had to ask him to stop and get us water (which he did) and he stopped along the way to get a plate of freshly cut fruit from some lady, but that was it. Now of course it didn't ruin my tour, but they shouldn't advertise all of that complimentary stuff if they're not going to give it! :rolleyes:

Did you tell Gordon? We actually did a tour with him and the first thing he did was go the local market to get us whatever we wanted. We had a cooler full of refreshments and he purchased sweets from a bakery in Nelsons Dockyard. ( the coconut cake was amazing :D ) I would think Gordon would like to know this and I'll bet my Maui Jims he would take steps to correct it. :)

Archived