Switch Islands if another is Devastated by Storm?

Perki

With the passing of these last few hurricanes I was wondering if anyone has ever gone on a cruise a few months afterward and another island was "substituted" for one that was devastated by a hurricane. Case in point I am considering a So. Caribbean with stops in Grenada and Barbados. Both were just hit by a hurricane but Grenada was pretty much wiped out, so it certainly won't be much of a joy to stop at in April no matter how much money/relief pours in, vegetation and structures take time (I'm in the construction business so I know what it takes here to get supplies and am pretty certain it will be even longer on a small island with little money/resources). Anyone have any experience of reroutings or Celebrity's stance on this occurance? Thank you!

I'd just go for the ride (sail?). Whatever ports Celebrity feels are safe and good to visit will be the ones that you see. We had Nassau substituted this spring. With any luck they'll let you know ahead of time so you can make plans for the different ports. (We found out at the pier when boarding). Nancy

I would think by April, they will reopen. They need to get the tourist back as quickly as possible to get hard currency. Cruise ships are the easiest to get back since they bring their own hotel and food. You can be sure that if there is any way, you will be there by April. Jamaica which was glanced is reopening already...

Archived