St. Martin Beach Rendezvous

We have been on a couple of the D+ excursions with RCI and have always gone to Waikiki on Orient Beach. They have lounge chairs and umbrellas and a restaurant, etc. The beach is very nice and water sports, parasailing, etc. are available from vendors on the beach.

I did this excursion in November while on the Mariner and we went to orient Beach. There is a private area reserved for the excursion guests with very comfortable lounge chairs (padded) and umbrellas. The restaurant is a few steps away and has a very good selection of food - typical beach fare (burgers, dogs, sandwiches and some good salads too). Your cold drinks are there too as well as complimentary rum punch.

I did that excursion the first time I went to Orient Beach in 2002. The cost for 2 was somewhere around $140.00 to $150.00. The excursion was good, the bus was nice that transported us to the beach and there was someone on the bus to give us information about the island as we went along. Since the bus was large and several people were on the tour it left a little later in the morning and we had to come back earlier in the afternoon. The food was good and the lounge chairs were nice. The next time I went to Orient Beach (2005, 2006) I took a cab and paid for the lounge chair, bought my lunch and saved a lot of money. I was able to go to the beach earlier and come back later. The cab fare for two is around $12.00 to $14.00 each way. The loungers are about $10.00 to $12.00 for the day a piece. You can buy your lunch and any refreshments you need. If I go back I will just get a cab, they are plentiful and ready to go all the time. Just a thought if you want to save some money and have more control of your day. If you have several in your family you will save a ton! Enjoy Orient Beach it is one of the most beautiful beaches I have every been to.

If going to the beach is all you want, its usually easier and cheaper to do it on your own! Read up on your ports--a good guide book is a help--and you'll find that most ports have cabs/buses to take you to the beach! Orient Beach does NOT require an excursion!

my husband booked us in for the St. Martin Beach Rendezvous.

You may want to ask your husband if he specifically booked it since the beach is clothing optional ;)

Orient Beach does NOT require an excursion!

True, I think it was something like 20 bucks for 2 of us (one way) via taxi from the port... there's a taxi area right at the port and they'll take you. It was easy to find a taxi back, too, just go back where you were dropped off. Total it was like 55 bucks for 2 round trip with 2 chairs.

We also find it cheaper to take a taxi. Just head to the taxi stand to the left at the end of the pier after exiting the ship. They even have a specific are at the very end of the taxi stand for Orient Beach. Just follow the signs. Plus, as others said, if you go on your own, you can stay as long as you want.

There are many different restaurants and bars all along the beach. Last February, we paid $7 for a chair, umbrella, and an alcoholic drink for each of us. Just head to the area that has the red umbrellas. FYI, the yellow umbrellas all the way to the right (when facing the water), is the nudist resort. Enter at your own risk, it's pretty scary down there! :D Not many nudists are the 18 year old super model types. Mostly 60 years and older. Quite frightening, IMHO:eek:

The excursion doesn't give you very much time to enjoy this beach, which, in our opinion, is one of the most beautiful beaches we've ever been to in the caribbean!

Archived