Best Packing List Ever

maxx

yes the ship did provide clean cold water at the pier on the island stops. Plus drink were sold via cruisecard. They are not too expensive and they serve you.

karen instaed of taking a pop up hamper take one of those blue/red striped bags from the $2 shop. hang it near the front door (there are hooks) or in the bathroom. put all your dirty washing in it and then just zip it up and take it home like that straight to the laundry. Not so good if you are flying though

You can also use them for beach bags as we seemed to take a lot with us to the beach, snorkels, towels, camera video etc

Karon, yes I probably will take 1 or 2 of those bags as well but I thought the hamper might be good to chuck all our shoes in rather than have them spread around the cabin. When I get back I'll use at home as there are always shoes sread all over the place:)

Karen

We take Aqua-ear drops for after swimming...

Read on another packing tips thread that some people take one of those plastic slide under the door stoppers for privacy during the day in case the cabin steward pops in:confused: I guess they use this when taking a nap!:p :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well. if you read some of the other boards on here, you also need to take

own sheets, own pillow, outside table and chair for balcony,chair for the pool, blow up swim pool fpr toddlers, coffee maker, blender, pc,dvd player crockpot(i know, i thought the same!!!):eek: carton of soft drink, carton of water Umpteen pairs of shoes.

I know every one has different expectation but hey you are on holiday RELAX,:) :)

These are all things i have seen listed on packing lists

well. if you read some of the other boards on here, you also need to take

own sheets, own pillow, outside table and chair for balcony,chair for the pool, blow up swim pool fpr toddlers, coffee maker, blender, pc,dvd player crockpot(i know, i thought the same!!!):eek: carton of soft drink, carton of water Umpteen pairs of shoes.

I know every one has different expectation but hey you are on holiday RELAX,:) :)

These are all things i have seen listed on packing lists

Yeah, right:rolleyes:

Karen

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hat clips. It can be very windy when tendering or just being on deck. Never lose your hat over the side again. These are two alligator clips with a small length of cord between them that clip your hat to your shirt.

Travel Thermos Cups. We took two of these. We are early risers and we filled them up with coffee, grabbed a croissant or danish (or both) :) and headed up on deck to watch the sun come up and enjoy the early morning. Our coffee stayed hot and didn't spill. They were great. Buy short, stocky ones. Why? Because ours were a bit too tall when we filled them at the coffee machine.

Jenny

>^..^<

I know I am starting to pack all sorts of crap but... the removable wall hooks were great. Originally 3m brand. I bought some from the reject shop for $2 for 8 and they were great for hanging up the toothbrushes. If you pack the heavy duty ones you could hang tolietries bags etc off them.

Other thing I reckon is a must if you have room is some sort of li-low (sp?) for snorkelling. We took a pool hammack (what a hassle) but it was the best thing ever. Two people could lay across it and float above the coral. In lifou I went over coral I never could have swum over becuase it was about 5 inches below the water level.

Lucky the beauty for most of us is cruising is a one stop holiday- jump on and off a plane ond onto a ship or in my case straight from home to ship. We can take heaps and not have to be bothered with packing and unpacking before we even get onboard. Just throw it all in.

Other thing I reckon is a must if you have room is some sort of li-low (sp?) for snorkelling. We took a pool hammack (what a hassle) but it was the best thing ever. Two people could lay across it and float above the coral. In lifou I went over coral I never could have swum over becuase it was about 5 inches below the water level.

Great idea. We use the pool noodles (?) when snorkling on the reef here, but although light-weight, they would take up a lot of luggage space. I would think anything inflatable (even a child's swim ring...no, not in one, on one;) ) would work well.

Cheers