Best Packing List Ever

maxx

I read somewhere on here that a waterproof 'wallet' type thing to carry your cruise card, credit card & money etc. for when you go on shore is a good idea - what a fantastic idea! Would not have even thought of it had it not been for this site - that way everyone can enjoy swimming together and nobody has to worry about stuff being stolen from the beach!! Apparently you can get them from sports and travel stores.... happy travelling everybody!

Liz:

See http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/DPK44.html for the flat style waterproof pouch (AKA DryPak). This would probably be the style you should look for down under at a reasonable price.

I read somewhere on here that a waterproof 'wallet' type thing to carry your cruise card, credit card & money etc. for when you go on shore is a good idea - what a fantastic idea!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Auto wage subsidy calculator so that you do not have to use up valuable cruise time calculating the labour tax. :p

Cheers,

I have carried a tiny calculator with me for years, it is great doing any currency conversions, nowadays if I am buying something I barter the price with the seller on the calculator, I put in my figure then they counter with another figure, it's entertaining.

• 3 weeks later...
electric?????

Not sure - by the time you plug in a laptop, battery chargers, mp3's etc the electric one might be a bit awkward.

:D B'b'b'b'b'attery powered might work though! :D

Or, so I've heard!

Cheers,

Geoff

• 3 weeks later...

Hey look at me, I didn't even GO and I have advice lol.

Shampoo & conditioner, I thought they would be supplied but they weren't

Infant Advice

Small Toys including Deflated beach ball, Matchbox cars, stacking cups

Kettle for boiling water for bottles, also good for heating them up

Harness - my 1 yo could easily crawl overboard (on the Star anyway)

Pool nappies, Suncream, Hat, Rash vest

Formula, nappies, wipes, bottles, bottle brush, dishwashing liquid

All medication you currently have at home, you might feel like you are taking a portable chemist but very expensive and possible almost impossible to buy onboard (Nurofen, Bonjela, Panadol, Rash cream, Infacol etc etc)

Hi

I've been reading the suggestions of what to take, thanks for some great ideas i wouldn't of thought of, one thing mentioned was the purchase of lanyards. The last time i cruised P & O provided these when you got your cruise card is this still the case or have they gone away from providing them.

Hi

I've been reading the suggestions of what to take, thanks for some great ideas i wouldn't of thought of, one thing mentioned was the purchase of lanyards. The last time i cruised P & O provided these when you got your cruise card is this still the case or have they gone away from providing them.

They sell them now. if I remember right about $6 each.we sailed on the Pacific Sun in Feb 07. Something to remember the cruise by, and a good talking point when you get back,accidently wear it work,shopping etc.Gives you a chance to tell everyone about your great cruise.

Enjoy your cruise.

Deb:)

I have been on 3 cruises before, and i am going on the Pacific Sun on the 9th of February 2008 (can not wait) this list has been so helpful... and i know that no matter what tips i hear, i will over pack... just seems to be a habit of mine!

Thank You everyone for the helpful advice.

Hi all.

I haven't been on this for ages. In fact I started this thread, so great to see it still going & full of very interesting info.

I'm revisiting to make sure we don't forget anything.

Keep it going....

Maxx

OK something I took on my cruise was a $6.00 blow up lilo from Woolworths. For me it was so relaxing being gently rocked by the waves in the crystal clear waters of the islands.

If you can fit a small foot pump in your luggage it will make the blowing up of the lilo easier. One other thing I did put it a very thin length of rope to anchor myself to the shore or the rocks on the bottom to save myself from floating away.

Now, it may sound like too much trouble, but for someone like me who really really likes the relaxation of being gently rocked to sleep in the water it was truly worth it.

My lilo was even better, in that it had a clear "pillow" at the top so you could see through it. Bit like your own glass bottom boat....well, not really but good enough for non snorkellers.

I dont think my time was very relaxing on the lilo at emerald bay as i think i had about 10 kids who's job it was to try and capsize my boat. then it was to see how many people could fit on it.

All good fun!!!excpet as you say robert, blowing it up, defintely taking the foot pump next time.

• 2 weeks later...
OK something I took on my cruise was a $6.00 blow up lilo from Woolworths. For me it was so relaxing being gently rocked by the waves in the crystal clear waters of the islands.

If you can fit a small foot pump in your luggage it will make the blowing up of the lilo easier. One other thing I did put it a very thin length of rope to anchor myself to the shore or the rocks on the bottom to save myself from floating away.

Now, it may sound like too much trouble, but for someone like me who really really likes the relaxation of being gently rocked to sleep in the water it was truly worth it.

My lilo was even better, in that it had a clear "pillow" at the top so you could see through it. Bit like your own glass bottom boat....well, not really but good enough for non snorkellers.

I dont think my time was very relaxing on the lilo at emerald bay as i think i had about 10 kids who's job it was to try and capsize my boat. then it was to see how many people could fit on it.

All good fun!!!excpet as you say robert, blowing it up, defintely taking the foot pump next time.

Looks like this is catching on. A larger version of this pic was on cc homepage this morning

hurricanezonebanner3.jpg

Looks very inviting

Cheers

Geoff

Looks like this is catching on. A larger version of this pic was on cc homepage this morning

hurricanezonebanner3.jpg

Looks very inviting

Cheers

Geoff

I saw that too and thought of Robert straight away LOL!!

That mat also looks a LOT like those infamous 'egg carton' thingys!! My MIL takes them camping with her :cool: :rolleyes:

I saw that too and thought of Robert straight away LOL!!

That mat also looks a LOT like those infamous 'egg carton' thingys!! My MIL takes them camping with her :cool: :rolleyes:

Jo,

Will your DH need to pack his Batman outfit too?

Geoff

Not sure - by the time you plug in a laptop, battery chargers, mp3's etc the electric one might be a bit awkward.

:D B'b'b'b'b'attery powered might work though! :D

Or, so I've heard!

Cheers,

Geoff

I once took one of those & it set itself off. We could not trace the noise. Fortunatly we were on a country road & could stop & trace it. But supposing it had been in the hold of an aircraft! NOT A GOOD IDEA.

I once took one of those & it set itself off. We could not trace the noise. Fortunatly we were on a country road & could stop & trace it. But supposing it had been in the hold of an aircraft! NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Thanks for the tip - definately wouldn't want one going off on me :eek:

Maybe disarming it by putting the batteries back to front would take the buzzing away?

Cheers

Geoff