Kid's Activities on Coral

g8trzz

We are going on the 10 Panama Canal cruise in March and this will be the first for my 11 year old. She is a little nervous about going to the kid's club. Could someone whose child has experienced it enlighten me as to what kinds of activities they do? If I book an excursion, can kids stay on the boat while I am on the excursion or do they have to come with you when you are at port?

Your daughter will have a blast! The kid center is open on sea days from 9-12, 2-5 and 7-10. On port days it's open from 8-5 and then again from 7-10. Here are some of the activities listed on the Princess web site.

Shockwaves, ages 8 to 12, are always busy with activities such as:

Activities

* Arts and crafts

* Backstage tours

* PlayStation® 2

* Movies and cartoons

* Scavenger hunts

* Talent shows

* "Edutainment" programs and services

* Shipboard olympics

Parties

* Birthday parties

* Kids dance parties

Food

* Pizza and ice cream parties

* Kids-only dinners

We were actually on the Coral in Alaska in June with our 2 DS (9 and 8). Our 9 yo was pretty reluctant to go the first morning (the only time we asked him to go to meet others). Anyway, for the remainder of the cruise, he asked to go to the camp almost every time it was open, he even asked if he could stay on board while in port (that wasn't an option as that was our family time).

As for wondering if there will be any other kids, you can call Princess and with your booking number, they will tell you the number of kids in your daughter's age group are booked.

Have a great time!

Archived