Blue Diamond Ring

vermonter16

Ok - since my cat's eye ring no one seems to have any information on I am wondering about blue diamonds. I know they are $$$ I am trying to find a reference on the Internet for pricing but haven't been able to and they may be above and beyond my range. However, anyone have any experience buying blue diamonds?

venus-bd_07.jpg

I'm not sure if the pic will come up so I will add the link as well:

http://www.sophiafiori.com/venus-bd.html

I bought this Sophia Fiori Venus ring last year with the exception of I have a white diamond in the center and blue diamonds on the sides. I absolutely love it. We bought it at Venetien Jewelers on St. Martin.

Depending on the size and quality of the diamonds will differ on price. Since I already had my 1 1/2 carat center diamond we purchased the ring w/out the center stone and paid. $2800. I have a big collectiono of jewelry and when I brought it home to have my jeweler here set my center stone he told me it was a gorgeous ring and I did good for what I paid. We're going back to the Caribbean in 5 weeks and I plan to buy more.

Hope this helps some.

I bought my blue diamond ring at Majesty in St Martin. I saw simliar rings in several other stores both on St Martin and other islands. Majesty was the nicest, low pressure and sold me an outstanding prodcut. It appraised for 75% more than what we paid. We LOVE St Martin for jewerly!

• 8 months later...

I went on a cruise about a year and a half ago and my boyfriend and I found this ring. We fell in love with it and took pictures but havent had the chance to go back to get it. We are set on this ring and I cannot believe that I found our posting with the website. Thank you so much!! Did you by any chance buy anymore when you went back?

• 3 months later...

HI I called Venetian in St Martin and there are 2 size Venus rings - she quoted me 3800 for the large and 2800 for the meduim. She stated the medium has only 2 rows of princess diamonds on the side. Can you tell me the sales person you dealt with? I don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks! Congrats that ring is Gorgeous!!!

venus-bd_07.jpg

I bought this Sophia Fiori Venus ring last year with the exception of I have a white diamond in the center and blue diamonds on the sides. I absolutely love it. We bought it at Venetien Jewelers on St. Martin.

Depending on the size and quality of the diamonds will differ on price. Since I already had my 1 1/2 carat center diamond we purchased the ring w/out the center stone and paid. $2800. I have a big collectiono of jewelry and when I brought it home to have my jeweler here set my center stone he told me it was a gorgeous ring and I did good for what I paid. We're going back to the Caribbean in 5 weeks and I plan to buy more.

Hope this helps some.

• 1 month later...

Bought several pieces at Venetian in St. Maarten - haven't got the appraisal back yet - am thinking I did something stupid tho - left a ring there to be reset and mailed to me - so far have not received anything but the bill - am having huge buyers remorse about leaving my diamond there - has anyone had an experience doing this? have called the store directly but no answer several times. Left message with US site and also contacted RCC onboard shopping rep. No answers... any thots??? My only excuse is that I was relying on RCC's guarantee of merchant...

venus-bd_07.jpg

Hope this helps some.

I wish I would have been thinking and just bought the setting and brought it home to have the diamond put in - I am losing hope that I will ever get my diamond back - cannot believe I was stupid enough to leave it with them...:mad:

• 10 months later...
HI I called Venetian in St Martin and there are 2 size Venus rings - she quoted me 3800 for the large and 2800 for the meduim. She stated the medium has only 2 rows of princess diamonds on the side. Can you tell me the sales person you dealt with? I don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks! Congrats that ring is Gorgeous!!!

What # did u call? I would like to call it. My boyfriend seen the ring an is going to buy it 4 me!

I bought my blue diamond at Grand Jewelers in St. Martin but had it sized at Grand Jewelers in St. Thomas where we normally buy jewelry.

I had it appraised here at home and it is appraised for lots more than I paid.

Very happy with Grand Jewelers.

Bought my blue & white diamond ring from Ballerina's, Front Street. They had it on "Special Purchase" (still on the following year!) for US$600, 1 ct. Would not budge on price, but had it appraised when i got home, came in at approx US$3000, so was pretty happy with that. They have a good selection of blue diamonds, check out their website. Sure you'll find something in St Martins, its jewellery heaven, but never pay the price tag(unless the special purchase is still on!icon12.gif)!!

• 10 months later...
I absolutely love the blue diamond ring above. Does anyone know a place in Aruba which sells this ring.

I found an almost exact duplicate of that ring available at Shiva's Gold & Gems, on Front Street in Philipsburg.

They have a 'sister' shop in Aruba, also Shiva's Gold & Gems, run by the brother.

gary

• 8 months later...

Archived