can muster call be skipped?

sanjay

What muster drill....the one time i was on a ship i was so trashed by the time muster came i had a great old time. I was the comic relif for everyone, including most of the crew!!! My DexW did make me shut it for the instructions. But other then that it was a blast!!!

I am on of the skippers of the muster. I have been on over 50 cruises and have only seen "roll call" taken one time. That was 7 years ago. My family always attends and they say roll call is not taken. They do not hold up muster because they think someone is hiding in their room. Just like they do not wait for you if you are not back on the ship in time. The ship has their own schedule and they stick to it regardless.

In the event of an emergency, I consider myself a pretty intelligent person. The back of your door clearly states where your muster station is, and their recommended route. While hiding in my room, I have plenty of time to study it so I can find my way on my own without being herded like cattle.

They check around briefly, but they don't hold it up for everyone if one person isn't present. I know a guy (not me - keep the flame off) that's been on about 6-7 cruises and has never been to a muster drill. He stays in his room and unpacks during it and if someone pokes around at his door, he steps into the bathroom until they leave. I asked him if they've ever caught up to or said anything to him, and he said no.

We sailed on RCCL last Jan. and did not go, we received a letter under the door the next day stating they did not se us and that was it. They won't kick you off, make you pay more and certainly won't put you in time out for 30 minutes:rolleyes: . Just make sure you have an idea where to go and how to put on your life jackets and you will be fine.

No flaming for an honest answer:eek:

I don't understand why some people would hide in the bathrooms like children to get out of a mandated safety drill. I know if you have cruised several times that it can get old, but come on- it is a fraction of time out of your whole trip! We have gone to every one, and roll was called at each one, and they noted which cabins did not show up.

Grow up! Go to the drills, make fun of how funny everyone looks with the life jackets on, tell a few Titanic jokes, and then afterwards, go have a drink!

I bet the ones who hide to miss the drills would be the first ones to sue if an emergency happened and they couldn't find their way to the lifeboats!

You cannot choose where to go for muster; you will have an assigned area that is rather small. Generally there is a bit of a lag between muster ending and sail-a-way; you should have time to go to your stateroom to return the vest and make it up on deck without needing to knock anybody out of the way. :D

We sailed on RCCL last Jan. and did not go, we received a letter under the door the next day stating they did not se us and that was it. They won't kick you off, make you pay more and certainly won't put you in time out for 30 minutes:rolleyes: . Just make sure you have an idea where to go and how to put on your life jackets and you will be fine.

I'm glad you had a grand old time, while 3500 other passengers, crew and staff were standing out there, doing what is expected of them. No flames, just something for you to think about.

Aubie

I'm glad you had a grand old time, while 3500 other passengers, crew and staff were standing out there, doing what is expected of them. No flames, just something for you to think about.

Aubie

Archived