booking a cruise from the cruise terminal, last minute

kits

Hi guys...we have done a cruise for the last two years, but this year the prices seem to be astronomical. We are from Canada, and wondering...can we take a flight to Fort Lauderdale...and phone the cruise depots or something, and take the chance of picking up something that is leaving the next day? I am not sure if we could even visit the depots...can't remember if they are all along the same strip?:D ;)

Some people have been able to call some of the cruiselines as late as 24 hours in advance and get on a sailing the next day. BUT, with most ships sailing full these days I would not rely on it. Even if you were able to get onboard last minute, you will pay a premium to do so.

It seems that now the best deals are occurring right after final payment is due - about 60 days out.

Maybe that is part of the problem...we have always booked 4-6 weeks before sailing. We sure are finding the deals are not there, and or the verandah, is often not available, or the cruises are to islands that we have already been to.:D Thanks for the info.

I think you will find that Dept of Homeland Security requires passenger profile details some time before departure, so I guess the days of literally turning up at the terminal and trying for a bargain have gone........

Thanks for the information. Not sure where we will end up then. We can not find an inside cabin to an island of our choice...cheaper than we have paid for either an outside, or as last year a veranda.:D

Maybe that is part of the problem...we have always booked 4-6 weeks before sailing. We sure are finding the deals are not there, and or the verandah, is often not available, or the cruises are to islands that we have already been to.:D Thanks for the info.

Im finding prices are just higher now too and the deals arent there since so many ships were moved to Europe.

Archived