Is there a big difference in Cat. JS vs. D1....

klfhngr

Although I misread ur question, I don't appreciate u being a follower and bashing me along with Paul and Sue. I had just finished reading the thread about some cons with aft balconies, and thought I would help by commenting. We are here 2 help and not insult one another. When u didn't know what a cruise credit was no one didn't make fun of u. Furthermore, u got numerous pros and even pics, y r u requesting more comments, u either want 2 spend the extra money or not

[quote name='Sue L']don't knock the aft until you try it , it is WONDERFUL despite some drawbacks. I don't think Vision has the infastructure that is a Voyager and Freedom class issue, and I had an aft for the Panama Canal 93 degrees and high humidity and it was beautiful on the balcony. The longer walk is great for working off some of the calories.[/quote]

[quote name='PaulWN']Sorry, but none of those things apply to aft on a Vision class. We;ve been in them, not based on a thread that is probably about other classes.

Never been too hot for us, there's no pole in Vision class, only corner aft on Voyager class, No noise even below the Windjammer, The walk is only long if you're too lazy to walk a hundred yards or have physical problems,
It's almost straight down to the wake on Vision class.

Need to pay attention to what class they're talking about.

I'll answer any specific questions.[/quote]

[quote name='zales']I think u should read the thread on aft or hump cabin, it is very interesting. Things such as too hot on the aft, infrastructure, pole in the room, wake being too loud, long walk etc etc.[/quote]

[quote name='zales']Although I misread ur question, I don't appreciate u being a follower and bashing me along with Paul and Sue. I had just finished reading the thread about some cons with aft balconies, and thought I would help by commenting. We are here 2 help and not insult one another. When u didn't know what a cruise credit was no one didn't make fun of u. Furthermore, u got numerous pros and even pics, y r u requesting more comments, u either want 2 spend the extra money or not[/quote]

Excuse me, but neither Paul nor I bashed you by any means, we were just pointing out the misconceptions of what you were describing as reasons the OP should not switch to the JS Aft. There was not one mean or negative thing posted. We merely pointed out that the negatives you listed mostly did not apply to this class ship.

If you consider anything posted on this extremely helpful and civil thread bashing I respectfully suggest that this message board may not be the best place for you.

[quote name='zales']First of all Sue I was not talking 2 u, I was talking about the OP's remarks when she said you go girlfriend and thanks 2 Paul when u both not so nicely pointed out that my answer was irrelevant.[/quote]

When someone accuses me of bashing them I will respond, you singled me out, so that gives me every right. I was very nice in my comments and if you didn't take them that way I am sorry that you misconstrued them. The same goes for the OP"s statement of "you go girl" because I was pointing out the positives of aft cabins. And we never said your answer were irrelevant we were pointing out that they didn't apply in this case. If the OP had been talking about a different class of ship then we would have agreed with you.

Sue u said don't knock the aft until I try it. 2 be helpful I simply directed the OP 2 another thread that pointed out the negatives while u pointed out the positives. Everyone is entitled 2 their own opinion and while mine did not APPLY u could have made ur comment without that first sentence.

[quote name='zales']Sue u said don't knock the aft until I try it. 2 be helpful I simply directed the OP 2 another thread that pointed out the negatives while u pointed out the positives. Everyone is entitled 2 their own opinion and while mine did not APPLY u could have made ur comment without that first sentence.[/quote]

That is what you considered bashing? It is a phrase, a lighthearted phrase. I am sorry you were offended but believe me it was not meant that way and that is SOOOOOOO tame in comparison to what you will see on these boards.

[quote name='klfhngr']on the Vision of the Seas? Currently I have an aft cabin for Cat. D1, I was just notified that an aft cabin in Cat. JS is available, the price will be $500 more total (for 4). Is it worth it to move up? Is there a big difference in rooms? Any extra perks in JS cat.? What would YOU do?? Please help, I don't have that much time to make a decision!!![/quote]

I would change to a JS as I have done both with four and it makes a big difference for four not two but four. The cabin is bigger, the closet is bigger(you can actually use it to change in). The bathroom is so much bigger and you get shampoo, conditioner, lotion and a bathtub (you can shave your legs in it), plus you get two cruise credits and move up faster.
Lisa

I would do the JS for $500.00 you get two cruise credits(it doesn't matter if you don't know what they are, they are good), your closet is sooooo much bigger(you can change in it), your bathroom is huge compred to to a D1 it has a bathtub, shampoo, conditioner,lotion and I believe more space in the room.
Hope this helps you decide I would do it for 500.00 for four.
Lisa

Zales, just got back on the board from our hotel after traveling today. Sorry if you considered what I posted bashing. I know you were trying to be helpful, but there are major differences among the RCI classes. Just pointed out the things you mentioned were problems with another class. It's very easy to confuse what's where and how things are configured on different ships.
I told someone the other day that the aft cabins on the Vision class got no noise from the Windjammer. My "friends" on the Floridian thread all pointed out that was a very true statemant as the Windjammer on that class of ship is forward, not aft.
I hope that when I tell someone something that isn't correct that someone will correct me and post the real deal.

[quote name='Sue L']When someone accuses me of bashing them I will respond, you singled me out, so that gives me every right. I was very nice in my comments and if you didn't take them that way I am sorry that you misconstrued them. The same goes for the OP"s statement of "you go girl" because I was pointing out the positives of aft cabins. And we never said your answer were irrelevant we were pointing out that they didn't apply in this case. If the OP had been talking about a different class of ship then we would have agreed with you.[/QUOTE]

You are 100% correct! I too was not bashing zales.... Don't be so sensitive Zales, as you mentioned, we're all here to help each other.... Accept constructive criticism too.... I believe the point trying to be made is this: If you give advice regarding a specific ship or ports of call, be sure that what you are saying is correct. These answers are better answered by individuals that are 100% certain and have sailed on those ships or been to those ports of call. No harm was meant towards you....

[quote name='klfhngr']Well...... <DRUM ROLL................................> We moved to the JS Cabin!!![/quote]

YIPPPEEEE, glad to hear it! Make sure you take a ton of pictures of it and the balcony so when someone asks again about this cabin (you know they will) you the expert will be able to provide the info and pictures.

[quote name='3seass']I would change to a JS as I have done both with four and it makes a big difference for four not two but four. The cabin is bigger, the closet is bigger(you can actually use it to change in). The bathroom is so much bigger and you get shampoo, conditioner, lotion and a bathtub (you can shave your legs in it), plus you get two cruise credits and move up faster.
Lisa[/QUOTE]

Thanks Lisa for the info.... I think we made the correct choice being that there are 4 of us in the room...... Only thing is i'm not sure what my wife will think if I shave my legs!

[quote name='3seass']I would change to a JS as I have done both with four and it makes a big difference for four not two but four. The cabin is bigger, the closet is bigger(you can actually use it to change in). The bathroom is so much bigger and you get shampoo, conditioner, lotion and a bathtub (you can shave your legs in it), plus you get two cruise credits and move up faster.
Lisa[/QUOTE]

Thanks Lisa for the info.... I think we made the correct choice being that there are 4 of us in the room...... Only thing is i'm not sure what my wife will think if I shave my legs!

[quote name='Sue L']YIPPPEEEE, glad to hear it! Make sure you take a ton of pictures of it and the balcony so when someone asks again about this cabin (you know they will) you the expert will be able to provide the info and pictures.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I'll be taking lots of pictures.. Also some film... Last night, we convinced 4 more friends to sail with us in April, first time cruisers! We watched some of our cruise videos from 1991, 1999, 2002, 2004! They're gonna be hooked now!

[quote name='Conanc']Good choice for the price....especially for four people in the room. The closet doubles as a changing room. :)[/QUOTE]

I keep hearing about the closets, are they really that large? I might have one of the boys sleep in it! Ever see the Seinfield episode when Kramer's Japanese guest slept in the drawers, lol?!!

[quote name='klfhngr']Side question: How do you add a photo by your name? I don't seem to be doing it right![/quote]

On the top of the page there is USER CP. Click on there and then Edit Avatar. There are premade ones and then you can add your own but the pictures have to be really tiny.

Archived