RUTH C - the proper month for CHOCOLATE!

Krazy Kruizers

Love those dark Hershey kisses. When they first came out last spring we bought a couple of bags. Then we couldn't get them for a while - stores ran out. So the other day when we were shopping, the shelves were restocked - bought several bags and put a couple in the freezer. The dark kisses come in a bright purple bag - you can't miss them - unless we get there first and there aren't any more. HEHEHE

Oh I can pour the whole bag of chocolate chips into the cookie dough when I am making the cookies BUT as I am spooning the dough onto the cookie sheets, that's when the chips disappear.

Which brings me to my question: Can anyone here open a bag of Nestle's Chocolate Chips, use the amount they need, and put the little bag back in the cupboard to use another day? Just curious...................;)
I can if DW is watching. If she's not watching, well that's another story.:D ;)

WHAT, ARE YOU KIDDING????????????????????? *LOL*

Nooooooooooooooooo.............I wasn't kidding;) . If I were to be honest I would have to say that sometimes I do put it back. And then, on a sad dark rainy day when I think I have noooooooooooo chocolate in the house, I remember that little bitty bag of chocolate chips and it is a gift from the Gods:D .

What is your favorite chocolate? I like See's candies, those Bordeaux chocolates are truly to die for.... :)

My brother's fiancee's family owns a chocolate company in Ohio... he will now have free chocolate FOREVER... :D

Running out of chocolate?...NEVER! When hurricane Frances was coming, everyone was stocking up on tuna and Chef Boyardee...screw that, I went straight for the candy aisle and bought 3 different bags of Hershey's. Chocolate is a food group, isn't it?

I was in Orlando and saw this great t-shirt which I bought...it's brown and says " Will Work for Chocolate". When I bought it, it actually smelled like chocolate. Of course once I washed it... My family laughs whenever I wear it because they know I really mean it! I do work for chocolate.

Has anyone experienced NCL's Chocoholic Midnight Buffet?

Heather... There are no "little" bags of chocolate chips. The standard size is 12ozs. I use 24ozs. If you are using half of the sample size bag, you are only teasing yourself, it will leave you wanting more.

...My son is getting married tomorrow.. I have already made, choc.chip cookies, choc.chip with M&Ms, brownies. The chocolate cake with vanilla icing that I have made for every birthday. We had the Grooms' cake at the rehearsal dinner, chocolate of course. And assorted chocolate candies, including white choc. -Lindt- for a daughter who is allergic to chocolate.(I have no idea where she came from-she is also the one who lacks the shopping gene.)

It has been rather warm and humid here today, but my kids know how to lick chocolate off their fingers.

Take care,

Pat......Watch what you're doing...don't get that on your clothes.

Heather... There are no "little" bags of chocolate chips. The standard size is 12ozs. I use 24ozs.
Weeeeelllllll..........I know that. But if I call them teeny weeny I can rationalize that I'm not eating that much chocolate. Now of course we all know that the dark chocolate is very, very good for us.

FYI, my chocolate chip cookies with extra chocolate chunks came out really, really good:D .

Actually I am rarely out of chocolate, but even then I'm not really out. There's always the bottle of Special Dark Hershey's Syrup in the fridge and I can lather that over my Healthy Choice Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream .

A very sad Florida story: We have Hoffman's Chocolate here (absolutely delicious -- especially the dark chocolate covered pretzels ... to die for) and after the hurricane they had to THROW OUT over $1 million worth of chocolate. AWK:eek: !!!!!!!!!!!! It will take 3 to 4 years for them to build that amount of stock back up again. I cried at that news story;) .

EKerr, free chocolate forever????? Be still my heart. I have no favorite chocolate. But believe or not one of my favorites is Dove dark chocolate:)

Ruth C - this is for you.

As with many fine things, chocolate has its month. There is a simple memory aid that you can use to determine whether it is the correct month to have chocolate and/or chocolate dishes: any month whose name contains the letter A, E, or U is the proper time for chocolate.

I suppose like Oysters and Shrimp there are those special months, those we are not yet aware of, that are set aside for breeding season (LOL) :D .

Actually, on the serious side of Godiva, my doctor just told me I am a Type II Diabetic; I will have to cancel my account with Godiva and ask them not to automatically send anything in the future. It was great up to this point.

George :(

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]RaffinOrganGrinders[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]DARK choclate has less sugar in it - much healthier.[/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Also I have seen Russel Stover chocolates that are sugar free - I have bought some - they are really good. I really like their dark chocolated coated mints - tastes like a peppermint patty - but has no suagr.[/color][/font][/b]

[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=darkred]I agree, the current generation of sugar-free candy is excellent. However, a word to the wise:[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Black][size=3][color=darkred]Do be careful how much of the sugar-free candy you eat at one sitting. ;) [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='RuthC']I agree, the current generation of sugar-free candy is excellent. However, a word to the wise do be careful how much of the sugar-free candy you eat at one sitting. ;)[/QUOTE]

All things in perspective, portion size, etc., some sugar free candies substitute alcohol as a sweetner, which can turn into a sugar.

I am attempting to eliminate High Fruitcose Corn Sugar as a food additive and preclude having my doctor put me on medication.

Doctor's orders, "if you put it in your mouth and it tastes sweet, spit it out." Hope he is close by when it time to spit (LOL):eek: .

George

Archived